Vango rucksacks?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jas

Nov 3, 2004
flintshire, north wales
Hi:

What does everyone everyone think of Vango rucksacks. I've seen a daysack - Vango Orbit 18 - for what I think is a very reasonable price (£14). Are they any good?

Also, I am looking for a bigger pack for a long-distance walk I'm hoping to make early next year. I would like something sturdy which would be comfortable for long days walking but not too expensive. I've seen some postings about Highlander bags - are these worth considering.

Wink

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 4, 2004
Norfolk
I've got a Vango Sherpa 65 which has served me well. Unfortunately, it was attacked by a rat and hasn't been the same since. It was comfy fully loaded (15kg) over 10-12 miles, and has an adjustable back. Seemed well constructed. The only reservations were that it seemed small for its alleged capacity, and the shoulder and waist straps started to loosen slightly in the rain. I'm going to replace with something bigger, and like you I'm thinking of Highlander, which people seem to be saying is good for the dosh, so any other feedback would be appreciated.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I don't like them. I've used a few over the years and though good for the price I'd look elsewhere (lowe alpine etc) for heavy use. My mum has a vango stone and I find the back deforms if you have it packed a bit tight and I've noticed that with other packs they make. My large pack (isn't that large) is an old karrimor alpinist which though simple still seems very good for me. For day stuff I've got a lowe alpine mountain attack which is great but they are in a very different price range (RRP £70). I do carry silly amounts of weight in packs at times though.
Having said all that I really like the vango force ten packs. So maybe I'm behind with some of the bigger models they do.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE