Up close...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
...but not personal...

Playing with my new camera, some fuji digital thing, took these to see what it could do...

Dandelion seed head
DandelionClock.jpg

Hornet head shot
hornet.jpg

Lackey Moth caterpillar - Malacosoma neustria
LackeyMothCaterpillarMalacosomaneustria.jpg

Not bad for £90...

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Yes nice pics but the contrast is a little muted.

That's interesting...I assume you mean the contrast is low/soft. If so, it raises an interesting point I stumbled across many years ago when I first started using digital photography and sharing on other people's computers...The upshot was one of infinite variability, mainly due to personal settings on the individuals screen. The images have good contrast on my screen, which either means the contrast is set higher on mine, or lower on yours...

as an example i once took a picture of a church with a dramatic sky, the church being almost in silhouette, and when someone said that the detail in the church was incredible, but the sky was too light, It was then that I realised the problem with sharing images on an unseen screen. My perception of the image was 100 miles away from what they actually saw...

Not sure what the answer is, but I bet it's technical :)

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
You're right about the differences in computer screens & mine is about as bad as they get.....I think it has a preference for mobile phone cameras as the photos from them usually look O.K..........prehaps it's a question of those pixel thingies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE