UKHammocks Winter Top Quilt - with 100g overfill

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
*** NOW SOLD THANKS ***

Having another clearout ...

UKHammocks Winter top quilt
100g overfill
Olive green

600g of lovely fluffy 900 fillpower Polish pure down

A seriously warm top quilt

Cost me £175

This is the quilt packed in the stuff sack provided by Mat, it's oversized but I prefer to pack my quilts like that, this and the matching UQ would be the first items in the bottom of my pack, side by side. Any quilt manufacturer will tell you not to over compress the down in packing, lightly stuffing them and then placing the rest of your kit on top is the best way. If you're a crammer and prefer to pack into the smallest lump possible, this will also go into a Sea-to-Summit eVent evac compression bag, size SMALL, Source 1L Liquitainer for comparison.

UKHammocks stuffsack

STS evac sack

£140 incl Paypal & p&p

Last edited:

TROOPER

Aug 17, 2009
essex
Well have a bump :bump: on me cause wouldn't ya know it I just bought one.....................Bloody good bit of kit and at a wicked price with extra fill, wish I had waited. LOL

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
250 views and not a sniff, I thought this would've been snapped up

Let's try a fiver off then

£140 incl Paypal & p&p

Swjoergensen

Mar 17, 2013
Denmark
I was tempted, but it's too warm for what I need at the moment :)

How is the general quality of the quilt, say compared to some of the US cottage vendors?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I was tempted, but it's too warm for what I need at the moment :)

How is the general quality of the quilt, say compared to some of the US cottage vendors?

It can be easily adjusted for warmer trips just by lowering it slightly, and then when it does get cold you can cinch it up snug, so in a way it's more versatile than and 2 or 3 season quilt.

Have I changed your mind yet, have I got a sale? :)

Matt's work is top quality and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for hammock gear in Europe.

Swjoergensen

Mar 17, 2013
Denmark
Just to be clear, it's a top quilt right?
Afraid not mate, would love to take it off your hands for a winter setup, but with limited funds and time, I'm trying to be very selective in my gear purchases.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Just to be clear, it's a top quilt right?
Afraid not mate, would love to take it off your hands for a winter setup, but with limited funds and time, I'm trying to be very selective in my gear purchases.

Lol, good point, well made

:11doh:

It's definitely a top quilt so my last comment was complete gibberish lol

onfire

Forager
Oct 3, 2009
Brecon Beacons
Is it cinched closed at the foot end or sewn as a foot box? The dimensions look narrow ... but ... could it be opened up as used as a UQ or a TQ (like a combi)?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What does it pack down to size wise please.

I'll get a picture of it stuffed tomorrow hopefully

Is it cinched closed at the foot end or sewn as a foot box? The dimensions look narrow ... but ... could it be opened up as used as a UQ or a TQ (like a combi)?

It's a sewn footbox, I prefer my quilts like that. I think it looks narrow in the pics because there's so much down in it, it's Mats standard size of 1.9x1.25m

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Awesome bit of kit guys!!! I've got exactly the same specs but in brown!! Used it to ground dwell in Estonia to minus 18 with no problem at all!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
How does the width work out in real life? i.e. I have a 47" chest (60cm shoulder to shoulder), is 125cm width enough?

I'm more like 42" chest but there's plenty of room, with enough to stuff around my shoulders and tuck in down the sides.

Maybe open up one of your existing sleeping bags and measure it to compare?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE