Cheap top quilt/under quilt/top cover/cocoon thing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Well that was a mighty title eh :D

Ordered one of these a while ago as a cheap summer top quit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311348451...49&var=610445979374&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It was cheap, light, and plenty warm for summer time. But then i thought about zipping two together, so ordered another one

Heres some pics of both sleeping bags zipped top and botom on a hammock with just a ridge line, would be even better with spreader bars or on something like a DD frontline

Hammock only, poor pic i'm afraid

As an over cover/coccoon thing. Its zipped together again at the bottom too
I reckon just this will be warm enough for most of the summer with it more towards the foot end to keep the view.....and as an extra in winter with it more to the head end

And here is the original stuff sack with BOTH sleeping bags inside next to a DD under quilt. Its noticably smaller than the UQ and a bit lighter too

So yeah, dandy little purchase there i reckon
To keep it in place over the hammock i might well sew a couple of lengths of shock cord to either end and mini crab it to the drip rings

Last edited:

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I didnt try it as just an UQ (just had ten minutes spare between showers to nip out and take a couple of pics)
Can't see why not though. In fact the shock cord and clips i'm going to put on there anyway would work to hang it as an UQ, i dare say it would be at least as warm as a DD

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE