UK Hammocks Woodsman X Hammock.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Had anyone got one of these? I'm looking for a new Hammock, and had been looking at the Warbonnet Blackbird, and this is similar but significantly lighter.

Any experience of it, good or bad, would be appreciated.

Cheers, Michael.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've got the Lite version so there's no net on it but the quality is good and it's comfortable. I don't think it's a patch on the Blackbird though, I find the foot box makes all the difference on a gathered end hammy, and I've grown to appreciate the shelf storage on the BB.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
There's a foot box on this one as well, but no shelf.

The WB BB states that it's for people up to 6' tall. As a 6 footer, and being at the outside end of its size range, would it be a bit cramped? I've been using a group buy Hammock for years and I love it, but I'm looking to reduce the weight and bulk of the combined Hammock and net.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
There's a foot box on this one as well, but no shelf.

The WB BB states that it's for people up to 6' tall. As a 6 footer, and being at the outside end of its size range, would it be a bit cramped? I've been using a group buy Hammock for years and I love it, but I'm looking to reduce the weight and bulk of the combined Hammock and net.

It's not a footbox like the Warbonnets though Michael, it's just a length of shockcord which allows you to kind of cinch up the edge slightly. With the Blackbird your foot area remains level because of the extra fabric sewn in, with Mat's idea the foot is still raised. I've got both systems and I've been able to compare.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
ive got a custom one to take 25+ stone of person and gear,its just amazing,other hammockers have tried it and been disapointed to get back in theirs! mrs fish has one too and when she is in it its the only time she shuts up so thats high praise!

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
My Warbonnet blackbird experience was so positive... I had been using hammocks for years and thought I was happy, I had cheap ones, ones with nets, ones without, I tried the eco sleep system, the hennessy hammock and all sorts but nothing comes even close to my warbonnet for comfort. I'm 5'10" and it still has room... i'm sure at 6' you'd still be fine. Aside from the comfort, it's easy to get in and out of and to zip the net up once you're in, the shelf is a winner and I like the webbing suspension, just adding a few dutch clips to complete.

UK hammocks make lovely quilts though... I only have an UQ at the moment but covet a TQ.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I find my woodsman x very comfortable. The foot sag means the back of my knees are supported, a problem I found with a DD was very painful knees. Plenty of space inside and very easy and fast to setup. Yes, they are very light and easy to pack, if that is important to you. With a couple of modifications mine will space almost any trees I can find too..

Jun 12, 2012
Belgium
I cant speak for the WB BB but my woodsman X is very comfy.
Also i have winter UQ and TQ from uk hammocks also very good made and very warm,Mat makes good gear.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE