Trueways survival knife/tool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Sounds good Jon, please add me to the list

Rob - I gave the Wiseman tool a good go and I didn't like it much either - I'd be happy to compare both to that as a a baseline

For any that haven't seen one, this was my Wiseman tool

Wiseman by British Red, on Flickr

Red

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I would be interested in getting my hands on one ,cheers Jon.
I am going to do a bushtool passaround next year if you are interested. In having a play!

effzedess

Apr 29, 2010
Peterborough
Hi Jonathan, Not wanting to make your pre-list list too long but would it be possible for me to be added to the pass around? I've only just got my first bushcraft knife (Mora Force), but would love to have a go :)

Marc

Hedgehog

Nomad
Jun 10, 2005
East Sussex
I think I might be missing a trick here but why the sub-hilt type prominence between the 1st & 2nd finger & the 'bone breaker' false edge - not sure how a reverse grip works on these.

M

Matt1

A Chris Caine Survival Tool has now been posted out to Stew for your passaround.

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com

Not seen it until now, just to confirm Mr Lupus has got his refund as promised, however to be clear a replacement tool was offered, great shame the focus is upon something that no longer applies.
Ahem, well, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

As posted earlier the tool he received was one of a very small batch (The very first) that went to an external heat treatment company, we were considering using them to speed up production.
There is a lot of truth that some things should not be rushed.....

Fortunately we opted to heat treat in house, whilst this has indeed added to the production time it does allow for tighter control, in fact I've tested the tool myself and continue to do so. Video Here

Hope this helps keep a balanced perspective :)
Merry Christmas to you and yours

Cheers
Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE