Travellunch or Wayfayrer?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I've tried wayfarer meals and can reccomend them,never tried travellunch(or heard of them).

Alex K

Banned
Mar 7, 2009
North Surrey
Well if you are halfway up a mountain or similar away from the supermarket. and want to camp overnight. Both require water to either heat or add. I wondered if one was better for the environment, more of the right calories or more energy.

timboggle

Nomad
Nov 1, 2008
Hereford, UK
Neither, there are plenty of tastier more filling alternatives for less.

Scoops

Ditto - spot on there mate

I take quick cook spinnich/cheese filled ravioli, together with a packet soup, dried breads and sardines in tommy sauce, then genoa cake for supper, lovely

MRE's def a last resort mate, think I would eat my finger nails first !!

as a colleague once said "MRE, three lies in one go - it's not a Meal, it's not Ready, and you can't Eat it !!"

Alex K

Banned
Mar 7, 2009
North Surrey
I like them there MRE - lots of balance nutrition wise which you don't get from dehdrated sauces and pasta.

Ah this is what i thought. I dont know enough to put together a balanced meal, i might get it all wrong and knowing me it would be about 99%chocolate.

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
Neither!

Try the "Look what we found" range. Sold on line and some supermarkets. Our local Sainsbury's stocks some.

Simon

Seconded - Sold in Tesco as well, look in the ready meal aisle

Travell lunch are great for light weight ventures but have a lot of fat in them. Better suited to winter mountaineering and light weight back packing

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I carry and eat the Travellunch main meals, and have done for a couple of years.

Originally, I bought several of each brand to sample, and found that based on taste, the Travellunch was far superior.

The weight and bulk factor was also of relevance, the Travellunch is very light and packs flat.

To obtain other opinions I gave several main meal packs to outdoor travellers, all of whom had very positive responses, one actually said that had they been served the meal in a restaurant, they'd have been happy. I agree.
character0076.gif

Tasting all of the types which you'd want to pack, before you go, is very useful, as it can spoil the day to have a meal that you find distasteful or inedible, like the saying goes, one man's meat is another man's poison!

I always keep about twenty five of them, they're also good for eating whilst in a Packraft. The only drawback is the price!
moneybag.gif

ladanddad

Mar 2, 2009
northern ireland
Ah this is what i thought. I dont know enough to put together a balanced meal, i might get it all wrong and knowing me it would be about 99%chocolate.

chocalate - protein fats carbohydrate vits minerals - sounds like almost a complete meal to me just add
wipped cream

MRE - american Meals Ready to Eat

MRE - american army Meals Refused by Ethiopians

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE