Transporter owners?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
We have recently bought a lovely T4. Mechanics, belt, suspension and service done. Ply lined.

Now for the interior! Lots of conversion s are done to a very high standard - like a 50s cafe :) - anyone done anything a bit more " natural"????

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Have you had a look on the t4 forum?
Should be a few ideas there..
I've got a t5 but have to use it for work so it's just really a bench/ bed.

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
Aye, cheers Tommy. Been on that forum A LOT lately!!

Want a more flexible design - one where it can be used as a day van, for mtbs, dogs, gear, etc most of the time, but able to quickly add a bed and stove for trips away.

Cake and eat it?!?!?!?? :confused:

Settler
Aug 8, 2010
here
100_0233.jpg

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Don't go the r&r bed route if you want to put bikes in the back... I'd look at a bed going along the sides of the bed with removal table in between if that makes sense??? That way you can slide the bikes down between the two beds...only useful if your going out somewhere for the day as they have to come out to make the bed up.
A bike rack would be easier mind.
I'd try and live with it for a while first... Got to say the best thing I did was buy a kyham awning...

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
Cheers. The ones in the link look good.

Tommy - any pics of how you did yours? As you say, it does seem best to take time considering all ideas first. I'm changing my mind every week!!

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Malley, mines got a rock and roll bed.
I insulated, carpeted , but a floor in the r&r bed... If you look on the t4 forum on layouts lots of great ideas. I as said wouldn't rush into it as your will prob fund your needs are different to what you think.
I love my pop roof on mine but it does preclude me from putting a canoe on it... which I'd love to do now....
Keep us posted and if you want any advice on suppliers or tips etc let us know .
Dave
a3y6u7uq.jpg

Happy days

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Just found a few pics
5aresybe.jpg

One of the voids needing work
ytehagaj.jpg

Wheel arch needs sound proofing
ezy5uzy8.jpg

Poor mans sound proofing on wheel arch flash band + double bubble insulation before plastic bottle insulation
Altro floor going in after marine ply on top of laminate flooring insulation
du4u7yqa.jpg

ybasadu9.jpg

Van x curtains and mega van mats stretchy carpet
u6ytydus.jpg

Rock and roll bed.
D

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I put a removable hammock stand in my T5;

IMAG0295.jpg

It's a work van so I needed it to be removable and as a SWB, it had to go diagonal. Lose the bulkhead and put it in a LWB attached to the chassis and there would be room for 2.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I'd love a shrafting van.

I only wish I could afford to keep one on the road... I like seeing others though, some really cool stuff out there.

One thing I saw recently was a really nice mitsubishi delica camper with a good suspension lift and decent tyres.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
The guy that works with my son has put all singing all dancing leather Audi A8 seat in his. When his back from his hols i'll show this thread.

Cheer
Topknot

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE