Tipi/Lavvu insides

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ggfh666

Forager
Jan 16, 2006
belgium
users.pandora.be
There are plenty of threads discussing tipi, even some with pictures of people standing next to them.
But what I miss, is pictures of people inside. The best way IMO to see if a tent is what you're after (if you don't have physical access) is seeing it in use. (how people organise sleeping, eating etc).
My main interest is tipi, as I will buy one this year. But maybe other people would like to see other tents in use as well.

So please make us happy and show how you manage.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Don't suppose this is quite what you had in mind....

DSCF4768copy.jpg

or this

DSCF4742copy.jpg

But it's a kind of rough and ready affair at the moment. But later in the year all that will change...

dave k

Nomad
Jun 14, 2006
Blonay, Switzerland
I've got a lavuu and it's very spacious. We usually sleep either side of the pole and have the rest of the space to put out junk into.. The middle of the tent is where I like to cook, as the fumes escape out the top of the chimney.

ggfh666

Forager
Jan 16, 2006
belgium
users.pandora.be
miniac,
what size/type/brand is yours?
I would need a bit bigger I think.

Being the romantic type, ahum, we like to sleep side by side in 2 zipped together sleeping bags. So the pole should not be between us.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Scots_Charles_River said:
We had a 'made up' one from two ex army parachutes. Which we just slept around the fire, in the middle.

Parachutes are cheap way of bulding one. Can be a bit flappy though.

Nick

Is this from experience Nick? I'd think about making my own if I could find someone else thats had a go. I'd like to know what size chute was used etc - I'd even have a bash at sewing the material to the right shape to eliminate the flapping.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
A mate of mine in our tipi.. well into minus figures outside, with the tipi door open and tea on the go!

you can see the beds on eithr side

000_03371-1.jpg

Hope this helps!

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
ggfh666 said:
it is a start.
How do you lay out the sleeping gear?
Open fire seems no issue in there.

There is enough room to sleep 12 around the perimeter (in pairs) or the same number with feet to the middle.

And yes, plenty of room for the obligatory fire...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE