Though some may consider it pedestrian,,,,

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tack

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2005
West Midlands
Hi,
Two years ago I lost my Victorinox Handyman in a Welsh River. I replaced it with a lockblade S.A.K. and I must say it is superb. The blade is big enough to tackle decent tasks and the miriad of other functions adds to the versatility of the brand. Excellent!
regards
Tack

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
I've got two. One from Victorinox and one from Wenger. The Vic is best IMO. It's the Outrider. Covers all my needs. :) Excellent piece of kit.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I always felt the SAK's lacked a locking blade and an easy opener would be even better.

391_9120_1.jpg

I got this military model last year but serrations are not my thing.
Pity because it's pretty close to my perfect SAK.

The larger saw makes it much more capable.

391_9129_1.jpg

rb

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
BT,

I've got one that looks like that, I think it's a bit bigger, had it about 9 years. It has a good lock blade thats easy to sharpen, even for me, I like the size and specific features. IMHO some of the other SAK are a bit too big with too many features.

Brian

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
rapidboy said:
I got this military model last year but serrations are not my thing.

I've got one of those that arrived in a large bundle of assorted blades recently... I assumed it was a more up-to-date version of the old Mauser knife? I know nothing else about it at all.

If you're going to have serrations on the blade, I'm tempted to suggest they should be on the front part. Looks odd though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE