Small Faces

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
More carved faces in a very simple, but cheeky chappie style.

Photograph with the SAK to show the size of stick used, all carved with my SAK Hiker and/or Flexcut, beard on the second one down carved with the V tool on the Flexcut.

The bottom one is a bit grumpy looking, but there again he does have the other three sitting on his head. ;)

53702860816_61d8a227d2_c.jpg

53703199864_6b2f22cfbd_z.jpg

53703292045_0437e9bd57_z.jpg

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
I admire the precision of all your work @Kepis . I love whittling but just don’t have your precision hand.

Now my apologies if I’m being presumptuous to a master.

Have you ever carved a face into the corner of a squared off stick. (Or maybe a natural branch with two faces split off it at 90 degrees?

A friend who is a mask maker and giant builder (another story) once grabbed a big right angle rule and pushed it onto my face. My nose touched the apex and the sides touched my cheek bones. Carving a square stick of fire wood is the nearest I’ve come to a face. It’s certainly great for noses :)

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I admire the precision of all your work @Kepis . I love whittling but just don’t have your precision hand.

Now my apologies if I’m being presumptuous to a master.

Have you ever carved a face into the corner of a squared off stick. (Or maybe a natural branch with two faces split off it at 90 degrees?

A friend who is a mask maker and giant builder (another story) once grabbed a big right angle rule and pushed it onto my face. My nose touched the apex and the sides touched my cheek bones. Carving a square stick of fire wood is the nearest I’ve come to a face. It’s certainly great for noses :)
Im by no means a master, i just enjoy a bit of whittling and it helps keep my mind active as well as exercising my hands and arms whilst i await some operations

But yup to answer your questions, a double face on a stick like this one

53722814593_0efdd32198_c.jpg

This chap was carved from a square block, with the apex of his nose being the corner of the block, a also made a big batch of little chaps from square blocks as a gaming set, Linky to the post here

53008706334_3b39e13789_c.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE