Therm-a-rest Prolite S £30 on ebay with free shipping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Not quite

Therma.jpg

Matt

thanks for checking. my prolite is 480grams, I wonder if these ebay ones are 3/4 sized? Mine is red, maybe a diff version? I wish thermarest would actually mark what version you have on their products!

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
thanks for checking. my prolite is 480grams, I wonder if these ebay ones are 3/4 sized? Mine is red, maybe a diff version? I wish thermarest would actually mark what version you have on their products!

No worries, I'm not sure about the versions either. I think these Orange ones are the latest version and the Red is the previous one, could be wrong though.

I think the small is classed as 3/4 length, pic for comparison:

thermacomp.jpg

Matt

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
The best thing to do is to blow it up no so its rock hard but so it stays straight when you hold it horizontal and leave it flat some where for a while so the foam can expand again.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Elen thinking of you feet, have you seen Bivi boots. I sleep hot so having my feet with no mat under them keeps me cool, but if you have feet issues it might be better to have em warm, eaby search for "tent boots" or "bivvi boots" the mod issue ones are good in a sleeping bag and cheap, you pay more for down and grips on the sole.

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
No worries, I'm not sure about the versions either. I think these Orange ones are the latest version and the Red is the previous one, could be wrong though.

I think the small is classed as 3/4 length, pic for comparison:

thermacomp.jpg

Matt

Yep that explains it, thanks. My full size thermarest is only 170 grams heavier, then!

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Elen thinking of you feet, have you seen Bivi boots. I sleep hot so having my feet with no mat under them keeps me cool, but if you have feet issues it might be better to have em warm, eaby search for "tent boots" or "bivvi boots" the mod issue ones are good in a sleeping bag and cheap, you pay more for down and grips on the sole.

Not seen Bivi boots, will investigate, as an ex MOD person I expect I'd go for them :) . I do wear my pure wool socks + welly-socks in the sleeping bag, use Hotties if neessary and/or fill my metal water bottle with hot water and put it (in another sock) down by my feet at night if it's cold.

Elen Sentier

Not seen Bivi boots, will investigate, as an ex MOD person I expect I'd go for them :) . I do wear my pure wool socks + welly-socks in the sleeping bag, use Hotties if neessary and/or fill my metal water bottle with hot water and put it (in another sock) down by my feet at night if it's cold.

I don't seem to be able to find bivi boots anywhere - anyone got a link?

Elen Sentier

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by southey
The best thing to do is to blow it up no so its rock hard but so it stays straight when you hold it horizontal and leave it flat some where for a while so the foam can expand again.

Ta for the tip - will do

The thermarest is now lying on the floor inflatting itself ... slowly, looks nearly half done. On the kettle principle, I'm ostentatiously not watching :rolleyes:.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE