Hopefully nobody on here is that stupid

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
There's a second hand Alpkit Hunka (not the XL) on eBay at the moment. The bidding is up to £24.60 which with the P&P, takes it up to £29.59 (and the bidding hasn't finished yet).

A brand new Hunka direct from Alpkit is £30 delivered. Doesn't anyone do their research any more?

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I see this sort of thing all the time.
Some people have a compulsive need to win.
That becomes more important that the cost.
Personally I set my max bid at "Price to my door from regular retail means -10%"
If I don't win at that sum (including postage) I don't continue bidding.

Poacher

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2006
Kilgarvan, Co.Kerry. ROI
You are right there. My local surplus store is selling 100m paracord for 5 euro and steel crusader type mugs for 3 euro. I was thinking of buying up the lot and selling them on ebay.

Last edited:

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Well it's ended & they saved 41p on a new one. The seller must be thrilled

Speaking of string, I've seen people selling £ shop paracord for £4

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
I guess it perpetuates itself really. Someone buys something thinking it's worth a few quid, and it therefore becomes scarcer. That person then sells on eBay and someone pays over the odds, thereby increasing the item's worth, and attracting the attention of hawkers/opportunists.

Nothing wrong with making a few quid though, especially as times are hard for some folks.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Makes me laugh when people say they've 'won' something on Ebay.

Erm... no you haven't 'won' anything, you've paid more than anyone else was prepared to pay.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Makes me laugh when people say they've 'won' something on Ebay.

Erm... no you haven't 'won' anything, you've paid more than anyone else was prepared to pay.

They won the bidding therefore won the item (still pay for it though)

I've seen people pay through the nose for stuff on this site and others many times. Always do your homework before parting with your dosh.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE