The state of TV and radio.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Thrym

Forager
Dec 20, 2006
Bristol, England
argh the worst is morning tv in particular "gmtv". I get up in the morning and id like to sit down to some peace and quiet with my muesli but no the mother turns on the box and all i can hear throughout the house is trivial conversation and adverts.
Adverts in the morning :censored:
An sensory offence i tell you - ear crime!

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
TV gone.
Good news; I am receipt of 'a cheque for £32.87, in respect of a refund against payment for a television licence', courtesy of TV Licencing;
Bad news; I've got lots more time to clutter up the Bushcraft UK forum.
Let's see if I can manage without the TV.........

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
TV gone.
Good news; I am receipt of 'a cheque for £32.87, in respect of a refund against payment for a television licence', courtesy of TV Licencing;
Bad news; I've got lots more time to clutter up the Bushcraft UK forum.
Let's see if I can manage without the TV.........

Good luck Basha, I take it you use the PC to listen to music, watch films and anything that particularly interests you etc?

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
I got rid of all the TV stuff nearly a month ago; initially I would still think 'I'll go and veg in front of the box'...' then realise it wasn't there ! I now find I'm actually doing a lot more productive stuff than before (no surprise really).
Like most people, I used to veg in front of the 'idiot lantern' in the evening.
I have 'rediscovered' radio; there are plenty of interesting broadcasts on that, apart from the usual music channels. I personally find the PC also provides more information than the TV. I've still got my CD player etc.
It will interesting to see how long I can carry on without it. It's almost worth it just to see peoples reaction when you tell them you haven't got a TV; the poor creatures are hooked on it.
However my neighbour has announced he's getting a 36" flat screen, and gleefully tells me he's been watching RM etc....doh!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE