'The Outdoors Show' Meet 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
:red: Just had a sort out as to what I could bring on Saturday PM to Rough Close after I've taken the Son in Law to the Show

All new -

3 mess tins
10 stainless cookers with tent pegs to vary the cup height (sorry no cups)
Several Tealight candles
several packs of waterproof matches
Cool wall stainless mug

I've also made-
4 small whittler blades
several spoon blades of varying circumferences and shapes
a few bush blades
a dagger style blade

I may be able to get some handles on the blades (times short and so is exam marking/reporting season):rolleyes:

All for trade :dunno: or offers :D
(Think I'll need a barrow) :lmao:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My trades/sales bag is bigger than my rucksack!
I will have everything from a minus 35 degree rated sleeping bag and a Harkila Goretex jacket to s/s containers for folk to make Hobo stoves from from knives to a gourd pot, from a bamboo and coconut ladle to antler handled firesteels, leather pouch sets to forged strike a lights.
Many bargains to be had!
Dont spend your dosh at the NEC - spend it at "The Sign of the Red Dragon" - look for the Welsh Flag! :D

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Right lads I have organized a couple of dozers to pop down on wednesday and level a bit of the wood to make way for the trade area.

I'm having a marque delivered wednesday afternoon and 30 wall paper tables delivered. I'm having a few porta loos delivered, baby changing area and a block of mobile shower units.

I reckon having checked the plans there is likely to be about 4 trees left standing so if you have any plans to pitch up a tarp or Hammock get in quick.

Not really.

Can't wait for the weekend it's going to be great and will be fantastic to bump into some of the regulars on here as well.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Right lads I have organized a couple of dozers to pop down on wednesday and level a bit of the wood to make way for the trade area.

I'm having a marque delivered wednesday afternoon and 30 wall paper tables delivered. I'm having a few porta loos delivered, baby changing area and a block of mobile shower units.

I reckon having checked the plans there is likely to be about 4 trees left standing so if you have any plans to pitch up a tarp or Hammock get in quick.

Not really.

Can't wait for the weekend it's going to be great and will be fantastic to bump into some of the regulars on here as well.

Thats OK - bringing my own marquee....

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
I'm looking for Veggie Rat-packs for SHMBO, veggie curry/chilli especially. I'll be arriving on Friday around noon I hope. I think I'll have a couple of spare show tickets too, hope to trade for a lift to the NEC.

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Right guys had a dig through the gear for sale / trade and here it is:

Large sand DPM stuff sack
XXL Sand DPM Goretex Jacket new
Various sized long sleeve DPM shirts
XL DPM Field Jacket
Olive Green Trousers x 3 (I would say about 30 inch waist)
Helmet Cover - dayglow yellow with red spots and holes cut in to mount sparklers. (*)
Norweign Thermal shirts various sizes from XL to Small
2 Canvas belts will fit a skinny bloke / girl. Or a fat bloke could put two together.
Very old Lowe Alpine 40 litre ruck sack in purple (ish)
Pattern 95? water bottle and plastic cup very used.
Nesting tins brand new
Olive green army woolley pully new size 106 (I guess medium)

Sure I will have more to add and unless stated all the DPM stuff is green.

(*) Its really green DPM

I'll bring the lot.

I've got a large carrier bag of D10, D15 and D11 surgical scalpel blades all individually wrapped in a sterile pack. They have passed their sterile date so can't be used for clinical work / surgery. I guess you could use them for cutting leather, cloth or if you're real unlucky fingers off. I'll bring the lot. These are gratis any left are going in the sharps box at work.

If you do take these please dispose of them responsibly after use. They are designed to cut skin, tissue and bone and are very unforgiving so Derek the Dusty doesn't want one stuck in his leg when he collects your rubbish.

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... Dont spend your dosh at the NEC - spend it at "The Sign of the Red Dragon" ...

I think, between us, that we'd have been able to put on a stand there :lmao: .

... I'm having a marque delivered wednesday afternoon and 30 wall paper tables delivered ...

You got there before me :D .

... I'm having a few porta loos delivered, baby changing area and a block of mobile shower units ...

Nooo! :lmao: .
I think we'll have to slum it with a walk to a stationary but centrally heated block instead :eek: :lmao: .

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
I think we'll have to slum it with a walk to a stationary but centrally heated block instead :eek: :lmao: .

It's a bit late mate but might be able to get the deposit back from the Mobile Sweat Lodge Company.

Might be a case of turning the Jacuuzi delivery driver away at the gate though.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I've got a large carrier bag of D10, D15 and D11 surgical scalpel blades all individually wrapped in a sterile pack. They have passed their sterile date so can't be used for clinical work / surgery. I guess you could use them for cutting leather, cloth or if you're real unlucky fingers off. I'll bring the lot. These are gratis any left are going in the sharps box at work.

I'd be very interested in one or two of these, I've been doing a lot of leather work recently and they would work a treat. I've got some intricate work for a leather possibles/posing pouch to do...

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... might be able to get the deposit back from the Mobile Sweat Lodge Company. ...

Pay for a mobile sweat lodge?

Bushy version - don a set of PVC waterproofs and then go wood collecting :campfire: :D .
And if you go wood collecting and pick up something a tad too heavy, you should bury your deposit! :eek: .

... Might be a case of turning the Jacuuzi delivery driver away at the gate though.

Bushy version (part ducks) - Eat some of Steves' spicy food and take a cooling dip in the bridging pond :lmao: .

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Meet list:
44 spaces taken, 6 remaining - there are two names on my own tally which do not show on the forum list.

Addo
Andy2112
andybysea
Aragorn
Cliv
dasy2k1
Dave53
Davey569
decorum
Dookie
dr jones
Elines
Firecrest
Hairy Growler
Hedgerow pete
Hogstable
Jakata
Jimbo + 1
John Fenna
JoyR
Lostdreamer
Lurch
maddave+1
MartinK9
mclark
Mesquite
Muddy Boots
naboo_the_enigma
nigeltm
Nolightweight
peasantchurl
Preper
Rychard
Sasquatch
Stooboy
T1tch
Taffy63 +1
Thoth
TinkyPete
Twodogs
WolfCrafter
woodspirits

Last edited:

Cliv

Forager
Nov 15, 2008
Preston
Hi I would like to bring 2 more if i may?

Addo
Andy2112
andybysea
Aragorn
Cliv+2
dasy2k1
Dave53
Davey569
decorum
Dookie
dr jones
Elines
Firecrest
Hairy Growler
Hedgerow pete
Hogstable
Jakata
Jimbo + 1
John Fenna
JoyR
Lostdreamer
Lurch
maddave+1
MartinK9
mclark
Mesquite
Muddy Boots
naboo_the_enigma
nigeltm
Nolightweight
peasantchurl
Preper
Rychard
Sasquatch
Stooboy
T1tch
Taffy63 +1
Thoth
TinkyPete
Twodogs
WolfCrafter
woodspirits

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Bushy version (part ducks) - Eat some of Steves' spicy food and take a cooling dip in the bridging pond :lmao: .

Spicy?? Dunno where you're coming from Dec :rolleyes:. I've yet to make a chilli at RC that I'd call spicy... mild with a nice tang, yup... spicy...? no

Mind you if some folks want a spicy chilli just let me know... though I won't be held responsible for any fallout once consumed :D:pokenest:

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
I have 1 spare anyday Outdoors Show ticket & 1 spare Saturday ticket. I'll be arriving at Rough Close friday lunchtime (railway permitting). I'd be happy to trade a ticket for a lift to the show on Saturday. Any takers?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE