The nature of Britain

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Does anyone watch The nature of Britain on BBC1? Tonight, Britain's farmland.
The high speed photography is just amazing. I have just watched "the dance of the Fungi" on a cow pat. Just breathtaking.

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
I watched it and thought it was excellent, considering that AT is probably best known for gardening programs.

I felt that he overdid the lyricism at times, but he came across as being very keen with it.

Overall, I liked the musical score, very fitting and , what with the micropics, it was right up there with the best of wildlife productions. Some of the subjects were rather" kitchen sink", I mean, you cannot get much more basic than cow muck...yet he made it interesting.
It was the instances of the fragile concatenation of things, that shook me a little and it made me realise that, mostly, we dont think enough about the total effect on wildlife , of very simple actions.

Good one, Mr.T.

Ceeg

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Missed it. We need "heads-ups" on these programs because I neither watch TV nor read the TV guides. I need you guys to tell me what's one. :rolleyes:

Same here mate...I only turned on the telly by chance, but I missed the fungi on cowpat scene.....The programme sort of reminded me of 'a passion for angling' very pleasant watching....
I agree with Seagull...Nice one mr T

nobby

Nomad
Jun 26, 2005
English Midlands
I watched it and thought it was excellent, considering that AT is probably best known for gardening programs.

I felt that he overdid the lyricism at times, but he came across as being very keen with it.

Good one, Mr.T.

Ceeg

I read somewhere that he was being groomed to repace David Attenborough.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
I've been back visiting my parents and we all enjoyed this - really gorgeous photography
and music and AT's lovely relaxing voice telling us all about nature-y stuff. I mentioned to
my dad that someone (I see it's nobby) had heard he's being groomed to replace David
Attenborough but my dad reckons it'll be Charlotte Uhlenbroek (sp?). Mind you that
might be his wishful thinking, I don't think he's heard anything :)

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Twice I've missed hearing him talk in London. Apparently the scenes weren't that far off
from Harrod's sale with crowds trying to get in. Not having a ticket I realised the futility
of even turning up so didn't bother ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE