the longest you could

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
I would to think indefinately but suspect that would be a bit ambitious.

If i were to include some of my hunting kit that i would not normally take on weekend trips with me probably a couple of month, in fact it would more than likely be a lot longer as the missus would have changed the locks by the time i got back! :buttkick:

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
If i was on the coast i think it could be a good while. Like HH if i had certain kit it could be a long time but location and kit would depend on length of time.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
There's a big difference in how long I THINK I could survive for & how long I actually would....depends on the enviroment too, I wouldn't have the foggiest in a desert or jungle.:rolleyes:

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Are we talking about a no rules survival situation or UK legal and is there a limit on kit?

No rules and with my air rifles/bows I suspect I could live a good long while or until I got ill. Going by the rules not long at all as I severely lack foraging skills and enough land with permission to use.

Steve.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
i think i would be ok for quite some time, as others have said until i get ill and need real meds or an operation, my 1000 shotgun shells would help too....;)

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Then for as long as I wanted, if I can take the kit and supplies I would need, and have the resupplies I would need,plenty of people go and start new lives in the wilderness,BUT they take the kit and skills needed and have access to the infrastructure to enable it,including people like Dick Proenekke, Mors Kochanski, Ray Mears, Les Stroud, G W Sears and the rest of the greats:D

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
I had a go ! but being alone was the main reason i couldn't cope , that coupled with crap weather (wrong season ) and being nowhere as tough as i thought i was 9 days !!

what a poof !

Ivan...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE