The end of RICE

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Tried to research PRIME and the negative HARM and found nothing

citations/references please...

particularly interested to know why Heat is a no no, it has always worked for me

Hawk

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2006
North Lincolnshire
Tried to research PRIME and the negative HARM and found nothing

citations/references please...

particularly interested to know why Heat is a no no, it has always worked for me

PRIME was my own interpretation of the necessary advice

HARM is a recognised acronym, R should be to Running not Rest sorry duh

Heat usually works too soothe long term injuries but not too treat acute ones, but it varies from person to person so I always recommend that patients try both,

The NSAIDs drugs I was referring too were such as aspirin, Ibuprofen or naproxen. The idea of delayed administration being not to interfere with the bodies own inflammatory response which is part of the healing process.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/anti-inflammatories-non-steroidal/pages/introduction.aspx

Paracetamol doesn't have much of on anti-inflammatory response so cant be a really called a NSAID

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
......The NSAIDs drugs I was referring too were such as aspirin, Ibuprofen or naproxen. The idea of delayed administration being not to interfere with the bodies own inflammatory response which is part of the healing process.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/anti-inflammatories-non-steroidal/pages/introduction.aspx

Paracetamol doesn't have much of on anti-inflammatory response so cant be a really called a NSAID

Fair enough then. Though my first choice would have been the aspirin.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
PRIME was my own interpretation of the necessary advice

HARM is a recognised acronym, R should be to Running not Rest sorry duh

Heat usually works too soothe long term injuries but not too treat acute ones, but it varies from person to person so I always recommend that patients try both,

Thanks that tallies up much more with what I've been taught, was curious how out of date I was :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE