The customs and parcel farce woes...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Right this is just a rant but,

On the 29th of last month I placed a order with Duluth pack (review pending, the conclusion of this fiasco) and it took them two weeks to make (no problem with them I must stress) and it shipped before the estimate and the USPS was fast in getting it dispatched from the states, but how come it has taken 7 days for UK customs to inspect a bag? When I called customs to check on the status and I will have to wait a additional two days before they get around to it as they have a backlog. I know it hasn't reached parcel force yet but I know it will be delayed a additional two days while they generate a charge add the £13 they do (hey gota make a extra profit) and then just then nearly a month later I will have my bag.

What a bloody joke.

:soapbox:

Has anyone else had any recent run in's?

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I get stung quite a lot...

Ive forgotten how now, and its not well known, but a lady from customs told me how to avoid the £8 clearance fee. You have to ask your seller to write something on the parcel...if you ring customs, one of them will tell you

That clearance fee actually goes to customs, not parcel force.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It's getting worse as they now check every parcel coming into the country. It used to be hit and miss whether you were stung for customs duty, but now even the lower priced parcels get hit too. They are checking everything. This obviously means they have them for longer too now.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
It is possible for your US vendor to pre-pay the customs charges on shipping - that way the goods don't get hung up for so long.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
DAY 9 AND IT'S MOVED FORWARD!,to awaiting customs billing.
I am awaiting the bill now Saturday at the earliest Tuesday most likely so it will have been in transit for longer than it took for the order to be made.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Always a risk when buying from over seas and not really surprising nowadays

Same thing in the US. My wife ordered something from France and it sailed through no problems at all. I however had a small packet stuck for two weeks in USPS/Customs Jamaica, New York.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE