Sweet Tooth?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Not exactly bushy but still looks too good to ignore:

524585_530739850335767_1930514218_n.jpg

All things Mommy ALL the Time
Like This PageLiked · September 17

Candy Shop Truffle! -Stephanie

1 box chocolate cake mix
2 boxes of low fat chocolate jello instant pudding
4 cups of milk (as per the pudding directions)
1/4 cup peanut butter (plus 2 tbsp for drizzling)
1 large container of low fat cool whip
1 bag of mini Reese peanut butter cups (chopped into pieces)...
1 large bag of Reese's pieces

Bake the cake as per the directions on the box. Let cool completely.

Let cool whip thaw out until it's easier to spread.

Make the pudding as per the directions on the box, at the very end before you let it set stir in the 1/4 cup of peanut butter. Let set.

Crumble the cake into a trifle dish (or bowl), top with 1/2 of the pudding mixture, then add a layer of cool whip (1/2 the container), and then sprinkle 1/2 of the chopped Reese peanut butter cups and 1/2 the bag of Reese's pieces.

Do another layer exactly the same: cake, pudding, cool whip, candy.

Put the 2 tbsp of peanut butter into the microwave for about 45 seconds to melt, then drizzle over top of the trifle.

All measurements are in US (1 cup = 8 ounces) so do your conversions.

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Wow Santaman,

If you weren't diabetic before that thing you would be after. Looks a wee bit sweet for me though would happily eat the peanut butter cups:p. Bet it would be a hit at kids parties.

ATB,
GB.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That's my idea of how to be so ill so fast :yikes:
I'd maybe manage a spoonful, but that would be it for a week's sugar rush.

Surely folks don't really serve that ?

M

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
This is torture for me; I have had a very sweet tooth since childhood but for a couple of reasons I have today decided to try and drastically cut my sugar intake so reading that didn't help!

I have just this second finished my first mug of coffee without sugar........does anybody make electronic sugar inhalers?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Stringmaker, maybe have a word with British Red; he's been growing and processing stuff like Stevia. Sweet but no calories or problems like folks have with some of the fake ones.

cheers,
M

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I might do that if I go too cold turkey, thanks.

Cutting down my sugar intake will be no bad thing anyway.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Stringmaker - Yacon is the way to go - packed with sugars, zero calories - horribly expensive to buy, but I have a load growing - I did a post on it last year somewhere - Yacon syrup tastes like a cross between maple syrup and molasses - sweet and malty - but no calories (the sugars taste sweet but cannot be digested by humans)

Red

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
This is pretty evil, purely for the fact you can literally go from raw ingredients to scoffing your face in 5 minutes flat.

nutella-mug-cake-22055-1300726251-20.jpg

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Have about eight pints of beer of choice followed by a Doner Kebab

DonerKebab_1242517c.jpg

Then top off the dessert with a full can of

original.png

Perfect way for a many a teenager to finish off a Saturday night down the rub a dub :)

If said teenager is entertaining a lass he should save some cream and try and impress her by making an Irish coffee:togo:

Not sure what 'Cool Whip' is though

[video=youtube;CORPnpZKuoM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CORPnpZKuoM[/video]

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
As my granny used to say, If your going to get fat, it should be worth it.

I present the 'Far Breton' cake as prepared by Mimi Thorisson.

Ingredients (serves 6)(or 4 Scotsmen/women or 4 Hungarians)

4 eggs
300 g pitted dried prunes
225 g plain flour (sifted)
8 g vanilla sugar
Dark rum (enough to cover the prunes in a small bowl)
125 g caster sugar
1 tsp salted butter
75 cl full-cream milk
A pinch of salt.

Preheat oven 200 °C.
Place pitted dried prunes in a small bowl and pour enough rum to cover the prunes. Cover and set aside for 48 hours at room temperature. The prunes will soak up most of the rum.

Drain the soaked prunes and keep the remaining rum. Set aside. In a saucepan heat the milk until it simmers. Remove the thin layer of film that might have formed. Beat the eggs until fluffy, then pour slowly to the sifted flour, whisking away. Add the warm milk slowly, sugar, vanilla sugar, a pinch of salt and continue whisking. Pour remaining rum into batter and set the prunes aside.

Line a rectangle or oval oven-proof dish (27 cm length/5.5 cm depth approx.) with butter and pour in half of the batter. Place prunes evenly all over the dish and continue pouring the remaining batter. Place in the oven for 35 minutes – when the ‘far’ is slightly golden, take it out of the oven and spread salted butter all over. Lower the oven temperature to 180°C and bake for another 10 minutes.

Let the far rest until cooled and serve (it can also be served warm to your liking).

See links above for pictures and more recipes.

:)

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida

Then top off the dessert with a full can of

original.png

Perfect way for a many a teenager to finish off a Saturday night down the rub a dub :)

If said teenager is entertaining a lass he should save some cream and try and impress her by making an Irish coffee:togo:

Not sure what 'Cool Whip' is though

[video=youtube;CORPnpZKuoM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CORPnpZKuoM[/video]

Your picture and Cool Whip are pretty much interchangeable. Cool Whip's just a brand name of a whipped topping.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE