swedish tangria

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

boland magyar

Tenderfoot
Sep 16, 2006
west midlands
hi all
i got a swedish army tangria today (second hand) tried it out and i must admit it is a great piece of kit.
has anyone else got one and tried it......if not i would recomend it
boland

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
Yep, they are great if a bit heavey.

Mine didn't come with instructions but you can make the lid into a reasonable open fire frying pan. You get a bit of wood about 12" long and 1/2" diameters and wedge it under the rings in the handle, that way you don't burn you hands.

As mentioned earlier the civvy burner is slightly hotter, but don't sweat it if you can't find one. Pepsi stoves work REALLY well too.

My current favourite trangia meal is to split a pitta bread, lengthways and butter both sides of both halves. Put one half in the lid, followed by a layer of cheese, a few slices of onion, and half a tin of baked beans and mini sausages. Add a dash of Worcesterhire or Brown sauce, heat over flame for about 5 minutes and eat. Then make another one with the other half pitta bread and tine of beans. Eat with a spoon.

Final tip, if its cold or wet put something under the burner, even some split twigs otherwise it takes longer to heat up and for the meths to vapourise.

Z

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE