Suzuki LT-F230 G welding help needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 14, 2012
uk
hi guys
so today i bought my self a suzuki lt 300 ATV i believe it to be that model and i believe it to be 1998
so thought i would take a long shot and ask if any of you guys know anything about this beast i have read a bit about it on the internet and have heard it is easy to accidentally pop a wheelie on it as it has loads of torque!:rolleyes: also it is the mos powerful 300cc atv some dude had ridden and everyone said it is a real workhorse!!!
also i have heard that it is rather rare???
any idea where i can get spares for it as one of the front brake cylinders are missing and i suspect that the rear brake shoes are worn completely away as this has drum brakes front and rear but a hydraulic front drum brake also if it helps i just remembered that it is the 2WD version not the 4WD version. also the brake fluid fluid resivoir for the front brakes is boken so i need to buy a new one of those and the air filter which is a sort of cone foam thing is also missing! also the pull start rope is missing but i can find one on the bay cheaply i suspect

if any one knows any thing about this or even understood the above i would be amazed! :D

here is a pic of the same model if it helps

Last edited by a moderator:

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Dont know much about the lt's,had a raptor 660 a couple of years back,loads of power ,,,great fun.
enjoy it when its done.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2012
uk
Dont know much about the lt's,had a raptor 660 a couple of years back,loads of power ,,,great fun.
enjoy it when its done.
yeah they are great fun and when i got there yesterday to buy it the seller had said on the phone that it wasnt a runner but as a pleasant surprise he just jumped on and started it and drove round the industrial estate and it sounded great!!!
wasnt the raptor 660 a yamaha???

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
yeah they are great fun and when i got there yesterday to buy it the seller had said on the phone that it wasnt a runner but as a pleasant surprise he just jumped on and started it and drove round the industrial estate and it sounded great!!!
wasnt the raptor 660 a yamaha???

it was and what a scary beast:D

Mar 14, 2012
uk
sorry guys found out today it is the suzuki LT-F230 G also the front right break drum and maybe hub has a sort of part missing out of this ring that broke before i bought it so i either need to buy new expensive things or i need a clever person to weld it with probably oxy-acetylene or maybe TIG if any one is skilled with one of these sets and own one please PM me and hopefully you could fix it for a suitable fee! if you dont understand i could post pic!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE