Today's lessons

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Learn the turning circle of a new pushbike...E Bike has a wide turning circle, wider than my Mountain bike and the Stinging Nettles beside the lane are vicious if you are wearing shorts.....:bawling:...:nurse:

Electric cars creep up on you and are not easy to hear when it's windy...bought a handlebar mirror. :wideyed:

Remember the brakes on this European/ Continental bike are reversed, front brake is on the left..Doing unintentional 'Stoppies ' on the front wheel is silly at my age. :roflmao:

Get used to overtaking Mamils ( Middle aged men in Lycra) going up hills on their racing bikes...:laugh:

Keep your mouth shut when laughing at the fun of the ride, I think it was a Hover Fly, could have been a Wasp which would have been nasty..It tasted bitter anyway..:yuck:....:roflmao:

Happy days..:thumbsup:

bearbait

When standing on the top of a windy hill, and you need to have a wee, ensure you're standing with your back to the wind...
Aaah, but if it's a strong wind one's body causes turbulence to the air flow and results in a rather unpredictable random spray-effect. I turn slightly so that the output source is at an oblique angle to the wind; seems to enable slightly more predictable results.

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Last week in Crete used several "technical" T-shirts, the winner was a Coolmax one. Today I have a Dutch army surplus (polyester) T-shirt, actually fairly comfortable but as usual not on one's nose after 4 hours.

knowledge=gain

Sent off- not allowed to play
Jun 25, 2022
england
always be honest with folk and speak the truth even if that gets you in trouble

always answer questions with honesty about products you sell and not deliberately alienate a potential buyer

Reactions: JFW

knowledge=gain

Jun 25, 2022
england
a useful maxim and all must abide by maxims of law

Flumina et protus publica sunt, ideoque jus piscandi omnibus commune est. Rivers and ports are public, therefore the right of fishing there is common to all.

i am sure you will likely find many maxims useful for daily life

Last edited:

knowledge=gain

Jun 25, 2022
england
What about the ‘maxims’ of basic grammar? Capital letters, sentence structure and full stops?
Falsa ortho graphia, sive falsa grammatica, non vitiat concessionem. False spelling or false grammar do not vitiate a grant. 9 Co. 48; Sheph. To. 55.

Si nulla sit conjectura quae ducat alio, verba intelligenda sunt ex proprietate, non grammatica sed populari ex usu. if there be no conjecture which leads to a different result, words are to be understood, according to the proper meaning, not in a grammatical, but in a popular and ordinary sense. 2 Kent, Com. 555.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE