surplus woolpower?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 31, 2012
savannah
UK bros,
i've had my eyes on a 400g woolpower fullzip for a while and recently learned that they could be found in military surplus shops over there.
anyone have a line on where i might be able to order one of these to save some fiat even with the shipping to the states?

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Never seen any myself. What you might have heard of is the Dutch army surplus, 80 per cent wool fleece jackets made by Helly Hansen. These are easily found and very good; got one myself. I'm pretty sure Endicott's sell them.

charliefoxtrot

Sep 9, 2011
North Lancs, UK.
Hi chap, FWIW the Swedish military use the 600g version as their mid-layer winter jersey 'Tröja 90 grön M7321-230000'. Google for 'soldr_mtrl_p.pdf' and look at page 47. I've been acquiring various bits of their kit for a trip over there, but this particular piece seems extremely rare on the open market. Maybe they all get kept by their users. They do use the 400g stuff as winter baselayer, but only with the short zip at the neck (page 40).

I ended up going with the more conventional heavier rib-knit mid-layer M59 Ylltröja as I couldn't find a Tröja 90. If you really want one you may have to stump up the readies for a new Woolpower one.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I looked for one for ages but couldnt find a surplus one. I got the 400 from woodlore and the 600 from myhuntingshop.co.uk. the 600 was actually cheaper than the 400. Imo they are worgh every penny even at the silly price. Soo comfortable and epic warm.

Edit just seen your location. Myhuntingshop.com on your side of the pond.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE