Supermoon total eclipse of the sun 20-03-15

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
Thick with clouds and rain here in Bergen, but it is really quite dark outside. I have been looking forward to this so I`m a bit disappointed that there is no chance to catch a glimpse of the sun for me. Well, guess I`ll wait for the next eclipse.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
100% thick cloud cover here, could not see where the sun was before or after, there was a drop in temperature, and the light did fade. any excuse for a walk on the Downs!

vestlenning

Settler
Feb 12, 2015
Western Norway
Here in Western Norway my dusk sensor log shows daylight off at 10:35 CET, daylight on at 11:03 CET - quite an impact even at this distance from the "dark zone".

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
We have 2 military helicopters patrolling the skies... curious..... flying in formation. They've passed our house twice now.

Perhaps you're on 'the list' and they are using the eclipse as a cover to monitor you, A Scanner Darkly! Grab the tin foil and rap while you can. ;)

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Well, i found it slightly anticlimatic, but was with a real astronomy nerd, who loved it.

It seemed to fool some of the songbirds, who thought it was dusk, and flew in a direct line to their roosts, but not others, and it did become slightly nippier.

I like watching the expression on an astronomy nerd's face when told that the Big Bang never happened, Black Holes only exist in the minds of Theoretical Physicists, the Sun is externally powered, Comets are not sublimating snowballs, the craters on the Moon are created by EDM not impacts and Gravity doesn't rule the Universe, Electricity does.

My work is done here. :p

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE