Summer traditional kit!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
After this thread: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121987 which showed my four season set up I thought I'd show my spring/ summer setup. It helps to read the Original post in that thread as I name the bits of gear in this thread.

here is my traditional kit paired down for summer- smaller blanket- no bow saw etc etc. And after last times thread I thought I'd do an update with what I'd use for summer months. With the knives I would most likely take my Mark Hill as well- especially in winter but I put my bushtool in my Beneath the stars sheath as that is probably the most practical all round for the majority of tasks I will be performing when out and about. The clothes are the same with the addition of a le chameau gilet- and I may wear my fjallraven Greenland pros if it is particularly warm. My new Kungaryfu antler spoon is fantastic and a great addition to the kit that replaces the not so nice titanium spork. Anyhow enough babble and on to some photos!

imagejpg1_zps1488205e.jpg

imagejpg2_zps5e3d1da7.jpg

imagejpg3_zps8de0b91a.jpg

imagejpg1_zpse6550ad3.jpg

imagejpg3_zps56627b91.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsae1fe114.jpg

imagejpg1_zps60cd20b6.jpg

imagejpg2_zps26674dc4.jpg

imagejpg3_zpsb518447a.jpg

imagejpg1_zps4b55c2ff.jpg

imagejpg2_zps57ff9fd8.jpg

imagejpg3_zps0a22c265.jpg

imagejpg1_zpse80eb617.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsae95c92e.jpg

Hope you like it :).

Last edited:

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Here we have Clouston98 summer collection..... Is there an Autumn collection in the pipeline to be seen on a bushcraft catwalk near soon 😉😄 I jest. Great gear can't believe you get it all in that rucksack. Liking that RJE bush tool very nice.

Sent from somewhere?

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Here we have Clouston98 summer collection..... Is there an Autumn collection in the pipeline to be seen on a bushcraft catwalk near soon ���� I jest. Great gear can't believe you get it all in that rucksack. Liking that RJE bush tool very nice.

Sent from somewhere?

Hahah cheers mate!

I think the blankets appear bigger than they are- it fits in nice and small :).

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Would like to see how you pack it all, I take it the cup fits inside the mors pot(?)
Scratch that I've just re read the last thread
Still like to see how it all gets packed in what looks to be a small rucksack.!?

Sent from somewhere?

Last edited:

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Would like to see how you pack it all, I take it the cup fits inside the mors pot(?)
Scratch that I've just re read the last thread
Still like to see how it all gets packed in what looks to be a small rucksack.!?

Sent from somewhere?

It's easy to make it big or small by winching it down. I may do a thread on packing soon :).

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Great stuff Cam, always nice to see your kit, makes me wish. Still love that wee horn handled pocket knife and your Hudson bay kit is getting a nice patina. (I gave in and polished mine again the other week - just like polishing things).

Nice to see you kit getting out and about - you need more trips away tell your folks! Hope you're settling into the new abode well?
ATB,
C.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Great stuff Cam, always nice to see your kit, makes me wish. Still love that wee horn handled pocket knife and your Hudson bay kit is getting a nice patina. (I gave in and polished mine again the other week - just like polishing things).

Nice to see you kit getting out and about - you need more trips away tell your folks! Hope you're settling into the new abode well?
ATB,
C.

Cheers Colin! And yeah were in now - going well! I shall try and get some pictures up soon so you all know what's been going on :).

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Interesting thread. I would love to roll out a "traditional" kit pack, but an apprehensive about how warm I would be depending upon just wool blankets. Hence my thread about ground insulation.

Julia

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Interesting thread. I would love to roll out a "traditional" kit pack, but an apprehensive about how warm I would be depending upon just wool blankets. Hence my thread about ground insulation.

Julia

Thanks. I'm always as warm as toast- I never run hot during the day but at night I never have any problems- I get off fine - never wake up during the night so I'm comfy in the wool :).

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I love your gear Cameron. Its what I envisage when I hear folk talk about bushcraft. I hope some day to build up my own collection of tradional gear. Especially like the Hudson Bay tinder kit.

Cheers mate! And go for it mate- you'd really enjoy it I'm sure :).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE