Suffolk group 2 night Daniel Boone challenge 12th 13th September.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MarkinLondon

Nomad
May 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
I really wish I could have made it, guys. I've been in the middle of some big projects and just couldn't make it. I've transferred my PhD to the University of Sussex and have been going back and forth to Brighton for weeks. SWMBO wouldn't have liked it if I also went out over the weekend :( And: I've been officially hired as a full-time Lecturer at the University of Bedfordshire and have been dealing with a ton of course preparation before the term begins in October. It's all good, but not being out in the woods has been a bummer.

I've also got a new Puukko knife to try out! It's a pretty high-end hand-made job. :)

I don't suppose that you have any load-out photos? You all slept under the big tarp in bedrolls? Steve and I are trying a Boone-esque overnight near Luton next weekend, and I'm trying to justify bringing a few extra bits of kit that probably would have been period-correct. Midge-repellant made from pine-tar and beeswax is a fine example. Nothing really made of plastic too. Because it's a wild camp, we're not cooking over a fire, so we're allowing ourselves a stove each.

m

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
LOL Thanks Mark, it was just a bit of a laugh really I watched a documentary about Daniel Boone and it said he never actually wore a coon skin cap apparently, but hey ho, it kept my head warm........... Daniel Boone Im pretty sure never had Gortex boots either :)

twas a good week end, I enjoyed the simplicity.

Look forward to seeing you again, may be try that green chilly I missed one day

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE