Suffolk group 2 night Daniel Boone challenge 12th 13th September.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Big Stu 12
Big Stu 12 is offline Full Member Expeditioner

Default Suffolk Boone Challenge Meet :)

2 Night Boone Challenge being the 12th 13th 14th Sept, just a static Base camp one,

Stansfield, Nr Bury st Edmunds, Suffolk

Normal Cost £15

reminder of kit list

Kit List

Keep as close to the list as possible, as the idea is to experience the camping methods, not just to use modern equipment......that we are comfortable with

Waterproof Tarp.

2 Wool Blankets and canvas type swag or Bedroll – ie Czech or Similar. - No Roll Mat

Two Knives - Changed as I have found that a smaller knife was sometimes carried for general use in the Possibilty Bag

Axe or Saw, a choice of one - As a matter of interest I cannot find any reference to Saws being carried....

Flint and Steel – Not Ferro Rod, I have found some references to Lucifer’s... these were the sulphur matches of the day, not common at all, but may be used. No modern day matches

Tinder box/Pouch with tinder types from the period, no modern materials i.e. NO Cotton Wool and Vaseline.

Water Bottle

Billy Can and Lid.

Cup.

Spoon Only

Food - Keep to foods of the time, No Boil in the bag or modern dehydrated meals, or tins.

Candle/Lantern for lighting.

Rucksack/Bag to carry items in- OLD School type.....

Safety Items

Small Torch for EMERGENCY use only...

Phone – this only to be used to keep the other half happy, and let them know you are safe, or in an Emergency. To be Turned OFF any other time.

First aid kit

Medication – Tablets (and I don’t mean ones for the internet)

Crossland Kelly Has offered to do a group meal for one of the evening, he is thinking something like a Roast Chicken, Corn on the Cob and Potatoes, cost to be split by those that take part, please let him Know if you are wanting it.

PM me for more details and add your name to the list

One Life Live it..

1 Colin......Group meal will be spit roast chicken with simple veg, taters, corn, carrots etc. Please add meal by your name, if you want the group meal.
2 Big Stu
I've pasted this here in case anyone has missed it in the other thread.

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
1 Colin......Group meal will be spit roast chicken with simple veg, taters, corn, carrots etc. Please add meal by your name, if you want the group meal.
2 Big Stu
3 Iambosscat (I would like the group meal please)

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
2 Big Stu...Meal.

Andor

Jun 21, 2012
Cambridge
I will be there:)

And I would like some of the Colin's chicken:)

Se you there on Friday.

Andor

2 Big Stu...Meal.
4 Andor (chicken please:))

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
HAd a great weekend, thanks for the company guys...:)

Heres a few pics

DSCN0293.jpgDSCN0316.jpgDSCN0299.jpgDSCN0301.jpgDSCN0319.jpgDSCN0326.jpgDSCN0330.jpgDSCN0339.jpgDSCN0345.jpg

Been a busy week for me , but at least I got some to show :)

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
mmmmmmmmmm... yumm yummm

[video=youtube;4LwyErdAWmQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LwyErdAWmQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE