Strike anywere matches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
There has been much interest in these matches following the match case advert.

I have finally found a supplier in the states, the matches are 58mm long, 20mm longer than swan's and much thicker, they are boxed in 250's and cost $3.00.
I ordered three boxes amongst other bits and they arrived within two weeks, and yes they are definatly differant to Swan's.
This company can be found at

http://www.riverjunction.com/catalog/saloon/matches.html

This is quite an interesting site and well worth a look.

Reactions: British Red

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Yup, the Penley's are made in Chile and are good.....over here I get them in the grocery for $0.99 a box. Glad they would ship them over.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I wouldn't mind a couple of boxes as well.
Any idea how the p+p steps up if 10,20 or 50 boxes were ordered?
I'm thinking a grup buy perhaps....

Mark

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Group buy sounds the way to ge doesn't it?

Hmm mental maths says......

30 boxes at $3 is $90 add $16 makes $106.

Current exchange rate is ...... $1.85 to the pound(ish) so £57.29. Call it £60. That 66p a box....suddenly thats appealing. Now whoever organises the buy would need to post em on in the UK etc. Not worth messing about for 1 box as it would push up the postage too much...but I reckon £6.50 for 5 boxes on the group buy would cover stamps etc.

Wouldn't make much diff if it was 60 boxes - price works out about the same

If someone wanted to organise a group buy I'd be in

Red

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Red - I've sent River Junction an email so we'll see how they respond. What ever the response I'll try and get something going re. a group buy.

For the time being folks please wait for further info and/ or a Group Buy thread before inundating me with requests....it will be the first group buy I've organised....so be gentle :D

Reactions: British Red

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
scruff said:
Red - I've sent River Junction an email so we'll see how they respond. What ever the response I'll try and get something going re. a group buy.

For the time being folks please wait for further info and/ or a Group Buy thread before inundating me with requests....it will be the first group buy I've organised....so be gentle :D
scruff,

Didn't mean you had to organise it mate! Damn good of you though even to investigate the viability - have a rep point!

Red

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Hey no probs. I just was checking the postage costs after you mentioned it. It seemed to be the same up until a certain quantity anyway so I thought why not get a group buy going.

Spread the love :grouphug:

Peace :240:

ps. ta for the rep

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE