Spooky encounters

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shepherd

Tenderfoot
I wouldn't say it was supernatural but probably the most scared i have ever been was when i was working for a company called Kumuka Expeditions in Africa. Me and a group of around 18 travellers were on a volcano side in the jungles of Zaire during the time when the Hutus and Wootsies were killing each other.

We had journeyed days to see the gorillas we now found out had been shot or chased away.

Camped in a circle and full of banana wine i was sat tending to the fire keeping an eye out incase the local tribal disturbances decided to involve us.

I heard a couple of voices behind a hedge talking in whispers and i convinced myself there were a gang of marauders planning to rob and kill us.

I woke my driver and a couple of the guys in the group and we sat there under the most amazing sky listening intently, all armed with machetes and sticks.

I thought i was going to go crazy with tiredness and fear until in the end we decided to storm through the bush and die fighting.

We landed in a ditch on a couple of farmers who were watching their animals and had felt safer by our encampment.

I felt a little silly for sure. They were frozen with terror.

Still we made them a great breakfast and my 'pax' (travelling clients) especially one particular New Zealand girl, thought i was prepared to die for them.

Truth be known, the war was more than i wanted to deal with and I checked them into the Sheraton hotel in Kampala before quitting my £30/week job and going to Kenya to get a job white water rafting.. :)

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
K, I'm getting some seriously funny looks from the people I'm working with, hadn't read this thread before and with Toddys, TwofourAlpha and Shepherds stories, my stomachs beginning to hurt... fantastic :-D

I'll find out the exact name but there is a stone circle in Dartmoor that apparently no animals will enter because its haunted.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Not sure if I have mentioned this on here before but anyway.

The most scared I have ever got, I didnt see anything hear anything and nothing actually happened.
I was staying at a mates in Neston,on the Wirral, when I was about 17 and I heard stories about "The old laundry", several conflicting stories about seeing something nearby. The stories come from lads doing paper rounds mostly! I assumed the "old laundry" was in Neston but took the stories with a pinch of salt anyway.
My mate had a job doing dishes in a restaraunt in Whitegate a couple of miles up the road, while I was staying there I got a job too for a few days.
The job finished about 0100 and we had to walk back, no problem and Dave(my mate) knew a short cut anyway, along the wirral way, an old disused railway.
We set off and took this shortcut, in good spirits having a laugh about stuff that had gone on, until I got that being watched feeling, it was a "spooky" lane we were walking along but no big deal I was 17 and scared of nobody!
We walked a bit further and the watched feeling stronger till it got to the point I couldnt carry on, my eyes were watering and I was absolutely terrified!
Just in front I could see what looked like a bridge and sensed that we shouldn't go on( I know how daft it sounds!) Dave had a feeling of apprehension too, but that could have been me spooking him.
The upshot was we turned and walked the extra distance home back along the short cut then the long way home.
Dave told me when we were back that the bridge was were the "old laundry " was!
At the time I had no idea that was the place I had heard the stories about, so it wasn't association that scared me (yes I was absolutely terrified, the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end thinking about it now) and my story never triggered the other stories as I heard them first.
I know it is a a bit of a non event but even twenty years later I have never been as scared as I was that night!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE