some of my kit for sweden

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Nice work on the Bergen, never thought of canvas being better in the cold I guess it make sense though especialy the not melting part

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
Do you know wear i can get saami patternd ribbon from on line
Maritex Gavpi got a nice selection of ribbons. It is not possible to place orderes for delivery outside Norway on their web page, but if you send them an e-mail at maritex(at)gavpi.com, I think they will try to arrange with something.

http://www.gavpi.com/duodji---handarbeid/pynteband-til-som

Oh, and if you want to find more on sami crafts, you have to google for duodji.

Last edited:

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
The tent is ready that bilmo has made for me and it is very well put together and i am very pleased with it.I have been thinking of a design that i could use in the extreme cold, but i allso wanted a tent for canoe trips that is storm prof when closed and when open. I could benefit from a fire without worring about sparks burning the tent.The good thing about the design is if you want you can suspend it from a ridge line so no poles will sink in to the snow, giving you more space for kit and even a stove. The tent will sleep two adults and two children so i can even use it on holadays with my family but i am looking forward to having it to myself in the artic as it is very roomy, when just one man.my bushcraft 746.jpgmy bushcraft 745.jpgmy bushcraft 744.jpg1231443_386004254862652_1882676117_n.jpgIf anyone wants one or something like it then speek to Bilmo on bcuk or on face book on bilmo bushgear :) ...

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The first post was on my screen when my daughter was visiting, she saw the pictures and apparently the OP looks very 'steampunk' whatever that means.

Phaestos

Sep 8, 2012
Manchester
The first post was on my screen when my daughter was visiting, she saw the pictures and apparently the OP looks very 'steampunk' whatever that means.

Imagine if power sources had never progressed beyond steam and coal power, but technology was at a similar, or more advanced state than now. Computer's with steam valves, or tesla coils for street lighting. That kind of thing.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The tent is ready that bilmo has made for me and it is very well put together and i am very pleased with it.I have been thinking of a design that i could use in the extreme cold, but i allso wanted a tent for canoe trips that is storm prof when closed and when open. I could benefit from a fire without worring about sparks burning the tent.The good thing about the design is if you want you can suspend it from a ridge line so no poles will sink in to the snow, giving you more space for kit and even a stove. The tent will sleep two adults and two children so i can even use it on holadays with my family but i am looking forward to having it to myself in the artic as it is very roomy, when just one man.View attachment 22930View attachment 22931View attachment 22932View attachment 22934If anyone wants one or something like it then speek to Bilmo on bcuk or on face book on bilmo bushgear :) ...

Nice tent fella...I take it you can remove the central sheet and sew the two outer sections together to create a smaller individual sleeping area if you wanted.
Looks grand :)

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Nice tent fella...I take it you can remove the central sheet and sew the two outer sections together to create a smaller individual sleeping area if you wanted.
Looks grand :)

Thank you.
It wouldn't button together as it did before I started modding it, but the zips would mesh ok and the eyelets would lace together evenly.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thank you.
It wouldn't button together as it did before I started modding it, but the zips would mesh ok and the eyelets would lace together evenly.

Reminds me of the panels we use to be issued with for Norway that you could attach to each other with paracord to make a snow tent ;)

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
I have made this blanket coat to go under my snow smock, it has took me abuot 20 hours as it is all hand stiched. It is made from a wool blanket from millatry mart, the cost was 10 pounds which i think is a bargin. I have made a few of this type of coat before. They were all made to throw over myself at night and just to sit around in so i wanted something that could be used as a top layer or if very cold a middle layer, so the size is more thought out. As twodogs has covered this i dont need to go into to much detail, so if anyone wants to make one look at twodogs old thread on zub zero or see me at the next middlewood camp as i am doing a skill share on blanket coats.my bushcraft 770.jpgmy bushcraft 771.jpgmy bushcraft 772.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE