So what have you broken?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ph34r

Settler
Feb 2, 2010
Oxfordshire, England
I am currently on 3 mora trappers, one mora 2010, a custom karesuando, and MOD survival knife, leatherman wave (pliers) and now an enzo skinner (borrowed).

slammer187

Nomad
Jul 11, 2009
Ireland
I think the breakage must have something to do with the scouting organization...not the first time we've seen that on the forum :lmao:
Otherwise...how is that possible, did you drop them from a 3 story building :)

Ph34r

Settler
Feb 2, 2010
Oxfordshire, England
MOD: I was trying to remove it form a piece of wood I had half battoned, but it would not come out. I went to pry the wood open, and the blade just went. The karesuando: same thing, but tried to force out with a hammer. The moras are crap and just break in the middle of a job. The enzo skinner may or may not have been placed in a vice and hit with a hammer...

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I think the breakage must have something to do with the scouting organization...not the first time we've seen that on the forum :lmao:

Dropping an MOD survival from a 30 storey building is not likely to break it. Gotta hear the story behind that.

Most I've broken is a UKPK.

Ph34r

Settler
Feb 2, 2010
Oxfordshire, England

lol, I am a very sclumsy person, and FYI ,yes i did drop them, but that is not what killed them!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Dude, if you ever get to a meet and ask to see my knife, my reply will be shouted over my shoulder as I head for the hills.

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
What have I broken?
Recently ME!
Suspected broken rib, knackered knee and back put out.
Tripped over a raised flag at work lol.
In the bush i have never fallen but give me some paving and down I go!
Alan

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've snapped a laplander blade once, the result of some over vigorous sawing when I was just about through a 6" think pine branch. I must have twisted it somehow but when it went I took the skin off three knuckles at the same time which was even more annoying.

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Not me but a chap at my archery club has some to his name that he should be locked up for............off the top of my head, a sebenza, dartmoor, alan woods, spydercos, leathermans, F1, among others and I have seen some of his damaged blades inc the reeves with no tip!

Before you ask, I couldn't tell you how but he does not have any shame about it...........and otherwise a great feller!

Not me though, too hard earned are my toys!

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
MOD: I was trying to remove it form a piece of wood I had half battoned, but it would not come out. I went to pry the wood open, and the blade just went. The karesuando: same thing, but tried to force out with a hammer. The moras are crap and just break in the middle of a job. The enzo skinner may or may not have been placed in a vice and hit with a hammer...
:yikes:For cripes sake someone either give him an axe, a froe, or some splitting wedges.:rolleyes:
:nono:Most people use a knife for cutting
why an earth did you put a skinner in a vice and hit it with a hammer?:confused:
Maybe you need :borgsmile: to mod you some gear
Note to self don't lend Ph34r your knife if you see him at a meet :lmao::lmao:
I've only ever took the tip of a shut knife I paid £1 for but use daily, and sharpening up today I was shocked to see that my Opinel 8 has the very tip of the point missing - Worse thing is , I have no idea how it happened as the last thing I used it for was carving gypsy flowers :confused:

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Not me but a chap at my archery club has some to his name that he should be locked up for............off the top of my head, a sebenza, dartmoor, alan woods, spydercos, leathermans, F1, among others and I have seen some of his damaged blades inc the reeves with no tip!

Before you ask, I couldn't tell you how but he does not have any shame about it...........and otherwise a great feller!

Not me though, too hard earned are my toys!

Best not post that on BB...

internetlynchmob.jpg

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
What the heck?

how does anyone break a MOD survival knife???:yikes::yikes::yikes:

it's 1/4 inch thick for crisps sake! not unlike a tyre lever!

I've used one to split logs, hammer in nails, dig, chop down small trees, it's never even come close to a failure!

It's one of 2 things:

1. it was a fake MoD knife!
2. ...well I don't know....still don't believe it!

Photo's, or it didn't happen! ;)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Snapping the tip of a mora spoon carving knife is the most I've ever managed, and frankly, the knife is all the better for it. That point was useless except for taking pieces out of yourself with.

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Best not post that on BB...

internetlynchmob.jpg

Hahaha.............maybe I will, just light the touchpaper and stand back!

He has some lovely sharp and shineys but "sharpened" within an inch of their lives and others, well just violated!............as I said great guy but finesse would not a be good word to describe him!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE