Sick of the office

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 13, 2005
central scotland
Hello folks Im Tony I live and work in central scotland.
Used to spend a lot of time out doors but not done a great deal in recent years except go to bike rallys and go camping in places with pools.
But now feeling the call getting myself some kit reading a few books and trying to remember how to tie a knot.
Not a walker and have no real wish to spend days treking from here to there. just like the peace and quite, and a good fire.
Not been on any courses but it sounds like good fun.
Need to find out about places to go access etc.

anyway hello! :wave:

jakunen

Native
Hi mate,

Welcome to the camp.
You'll find all sort on here from the armchair bushcrafter to nutters that climb mouintains and stuff ;)
Doesn't matter what you do out there, just that you do get out there.:wave:

And just rememebr, there are no daft questions. Only daft sods! :rolmao:

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Hi Tony

There is always room for another Scot here at our virtual fireside.

If you do not want to walk to far it sounds like you should get your self a nice open canoe and explore some of the Lochs. Easy way to travel and no kit on your back.
Welcome again.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Welcome Tony, know the feeling well. Keep looking out of the window at work and wishing I was surrounded by trees. Spent the last hour trying to explain to someone at work why I'd rather wake up, unzip the tent, take in the countryside and get a brew going than sleep in a hotel.... she still doesn't get it.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hi Tony,
There's a growing ban of Scots on bcuk.......we'll be upsides with the Welsh mob soon :)
Fortunately the natives are friendly, and full of good ideas.
Enjoy.

Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Go on, confess it, it's the kilt and the big swords isn't it? :)
Actually there's a long history of trade between the Dutch and Scots, lots of our words are very similar too.

Toddy (who *does* like men in kilts/plaids. etc.,)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE