Shoelace Geeks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'm glad you took it with the humour that was intended! It's a bit sad to let a good pair of well trodden boots go, a guy I paraglided with the other week was wearing boots with no tread and very little leather left on them!! He polished them every day and lavished care on them as he said they were so comfortable and he didn't want to go to the stores and exchange them. Putting off the inevitable I think, but I sort of understood where he was coming from!!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Tony said:
Err, I don't want numb feet :rolleyes: :lmao: Do they last well for you? Do you use nettle for the uppers and soles? :p :You_Rock_

:rolleyes: :D
Welllll, technically they'd be excellent shoe making material. Tough, breathable, flexible; they're even a good bushcrafty green colour ;)

Seriously though, we made boot laces from nettles at the Crannog and they lasted three years of everyday use , pretty good going :D

atb,
Mary

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
There has got to be a good line in shoe lace jokes.

Is there shoe lace art?

Puzzles?

Good heavans, next we will be having threads on trouser belts......... Oh I have just been informed there probably has been.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE