Share your new toys then... :o)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
The Red Cross, Help for Heroes and Shelter. A lovely home grown meal and time spent with my wife and daughter. Warmth from the wood we cut and split last year. Great walks in a beautiful, free (in both senses) countryside. Beer and wine we brewed.

Makes me happy :)

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The thermal radiator backing stuff ~ low bulk, with low weight as an added bonus ;). A roll of the stuff will be more than enough to go up and under the chair and also make a set of pot cosies ~ and there should be enough left over to make a reflector for the underside of an army camp cot :approve:

Good stuff, I have a roll of it somewhere from when I was making pot cozies

Last edited:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
A pack of viscounts and a very cheap cider 4 pack.

I hope to have a hatchet for my birthday.

Can you see i have always been Bad?

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
I got an opinal 7 from the mother in law(usually get cufflinks that are never worn, a couple of jack pyke hide netting sets as well as hat and glove/mitts set for hunting, a beginners guide to whittling and carving book, also got the usual smellys, chocs and socks

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
My stuff won't be arriving until the new year, but it will be worth the wait, cos' I already know what I'm getting. Unfortunately, my other half doesn't get paid until the second week in January, so I have to be patient.

Alan

yes alan u might have to wait but what u are actually getting is ausome

now me

i got two bottles of my fave whisky, the small true north outdoors tarp and a tripod for my camera

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I got me one of these from my parents:D:D:D

DSCN1750grgr.jpg

they also got me BG's Autobiography, which i hasten to add is a brilliant read.

The boys and my sister got me Series 1 of Wild Britain and Survival with RM and some books on the English Electric Lightning and some more of Tom Brown's books.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Can you see i have always been Bad?
It must have been worth it! I think the GIO thread should be the new Santa anyway, it's far more fun :)

I buy my own to be sure I'm getting what I want, so it was Mears True Heroes of Telemark and Wild Food, The Long Walk, a coupla fab rawhide belts and buckles, a couple of penanular broaches and as a special 'Me to Me' Solstice present, a nice damascus billet of 192 layer twist... I keep having to annoint my hands with mineral oil and stroke it lovingly :) And from you lovely bushbuddies (via GIO), some horn to mess around with =) VERY happy bunny!!

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
My lad got me a box of sporks, ad I broke one recently. And with some of the cash I got I brought 4 Hulafor knives.

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Right... we've all hopefully been given new toys for Christmas so why not share with everyone else what you got :)

For me it was a ghillie kettle and I'm happy to say it works very well :cool:

GHILLIEKETTLE.jpg

Is that the Explorer Ghillie? How is it for size in say a day pack. I fancy a Ghillie but am thinking the Maverick to stick in a pack?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Is that the Explorer Ghillie? How is it for size in say a day pack. I fancy a Ghillie but am thinking the Maverick to stick in a pack?

'fraid not... it's the 1.5ltr Ghillie kettle. As for size you could carry it in a day pack but you wouldn't have much room for anything else :)

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
Mrs R got me a new EDC bright:

fenix-pd32.jpg

I already had a set of quality 18650 batteries and a charger. It's always in my pocket and gets used every day.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... in the process of making a leather protective case for the lantern and the chair will soon gain an insulation mod :approve:

Done and done! :)

... A roll of the stuff will be more than enough to go up and under the chair and also make a set of pot cosies ~ and there should be enough left over to make a reflector for the underside of an army camp cot :approve:

Right, the insulating roll which was the subject of SimonM's thread on pot cosies will provide an insulation 'device' for ...

Seat, squab and lower leg reflector on a landy chair,
A set of pot cosies,
A 'boil in the bag' bag cosy (plus an adapter for use with Oat~So~Simple mini bags),
A stove wind shield and ground mat,
A full length mat to sling under my camp cot*.

Now what to do with the remainder of the roll?!? :rofl:

* With the added bonus that, with a retaining strap or two, it would also work well with a roll mat ~ multi-purpose :approve:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE