Share your new toys then... :o)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Not quite accurate on the Lear jet :)

I got some new boots off Carol, Scarpa ZG10's, I hope they last as long as my old Lowas, and she got me Frozen Planet on DVD

Off my folks and in-laws I got a new camera, again to replace my old one which has been playing up for a couple of months.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Asartu book , Gills knife some billtong, liquorice root , duds & smellys an not forgetting Whittler Kevs surprise gift
:thumbup:

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
I should love to see the size packed and your impressions in use with you Hennessy as I'm contemplating getting one of these.
ALAN

Im hopefully gonna get a wee test at it tomorrow, just gonna go up the woods for an hour and put it up and make sure it's all good for the first trip so I'll let you know and take pics.

The loft is INCREDIBLE so I think it's going to be warm and cosy.

I spoke to mat and he reckoned about 30cm x 15cm when packed down which I translated into a medium exped dry bag as it comes without a stuffsac. It's funny with the parcel as its quite small and when you open it this monstrosity starts lofting out the bag like a monster :lmao:

Partickpebbles

Dec 18, 2010
South Milford
Nothing Crafty this year! Polar Watch (I run a bit!) Steve Jobs book and some retro F1 bits....oh and a Nerf Gun...that takes batteries :)

Seasons Greetings everyone!

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
Im hopefully gonna get a wee test at it tomorrow, just gonna go up the woods for an hour and put it up and make sure it's all good for the first trip so I'll let you know and take pics.

The loft is INCREDIBLE so I think it's going to be warm and cosy.

I spoke to mat and he reckoned about 30cm x 15cm when packed down which I translated into a medium exped dry bag as it comes without a stuffsac. It's funny with the parcel as its quite small and when you open it this monstrosity starts lofting out the bag like a monster :lmao:

Thanks. I look forward to your first impressions.
Ala

AndyJDickson

Sep 29, 2011
Northern Ireland
I got a stanley compass in a nice leather pouch. its inscribed with the poem 'the road not taken' by robert frost. Also got a harmonica - thinking its a nice light handy campfire instrument now i gotta work out how to play it....

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Not much outdoorsy, but what does fit into that category..... Wetfire tinder stove & spare blocks, bcb fishing kit and an everlasting match to top up my survival kit. Nice fleece and a pair of dpm boxers! Lol. With the cash I got I've ordered a dd frontline hammock, a hammock sleeve and some steritabs as am almost out :( now just need some decent (read snowy) winter weather to get out and camp in :)

Sent via tapatalk from my shiny sgs2

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
For me, an unusual bottle of 15yr old Glenlivit (Un-chill filtered) from my two wee girls, a new Giotto tripod for my camera/scope, new foil windshield and a Reflector for my Uco Candle lantern from the Mrs, as well as the usual chocs, smellies, scarves etc from the wider family.... All in all another brilliant Xmas!

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Well i got a Kindle 3g, the ray mears essential bushcraft book, some thermal socks, a new sigg bottle and some money that hopefully i'm going to get an under blanket and a dutch oven with

Dave

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I must have been a good boy and told some good jokes this year*, I gained a UCO micro, a landy chair and a small brass compass on a key ring.

I'm in the process of making a leather protective case for the lantern and the chair will soon gain an insulation mod :approve:

* Or, at least, not _quite_ bad enough to warrant coal :confused: :eek:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm in the process of making a leather protective case for the lantern and the chair will soon gain an insulation mod :approve:

What have you got in mind for the insulation? I picked up one of those low carp fishing chairs which I want to do the same to, I've got multimats and loads of wool blankets :)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
What have you got in mind for the insulation? I picked up one of those low carp fishing chairs which I want to do the same to, I've got multimats and loads of wool blankets :)

The thermal radiator backing stuff ~ low bulk, with low weight as an added bonus ;). A roll of the stuff will be more than enough to go up and under the chair and also make a set of pot cosies ~ and there should be enough left over to make a reflector for the underside of an army camp cot :approve:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE