Running and bushcraft and camping and stuff

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Do I need a fancy app or something? My phone is filled to the brink of self-destruction, and I can´t even update Facebook anymore :eek:

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Great! I´ll be ready for 5k next Sunday then :D
I´ll just have a heart defibrillator ready.

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
I am usually found in the gym lifting weights, so I don´t know how to restrain myself :lmao:
Intervals are great for me! Run fast -breathe like a whale -run fast again -breathe like a whale again, and so the story goes...
When I run slow and steady my body speeds up on it´s own. Before I know it I´m running much faster than I am in shape to do, and end up like a puffing whale :p
My body just doesn´t want to go s-l-o-w, and I I have finally accepted that now.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I used to be found in the gym lifting weights ... I still cannot quite reconcile with being a *runner* :rofl:

Being a gym bunny* could actually help. You know how to warm up and cool down. You can can probably control your breathing quite well (what is running if not Thigh Curls and Leg Extensions? ;) ). You are already used to physical exertion and probably used to pushing forward to make gains. And if you tend to be injury free then you'll be aware of using and maintaining good form too :D

The standard seems to be to move forward at a pace where you can almost still hold a short but understandable conversation. I quite enjoy a good fartlek ~ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fartlek . Basically it's purposefully increasing your pace for a per determined time or distance .. 'From the next post to the house on the corner'. Then you drop your pace back to normal to recover and when/if you're ready set a new target.

* Disclaimer ... This is my general and generic term for gym users. There's nothing wrong with using gyms. I do not use it as a gender specific term.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Anyone do a minimum 5k today?

I combined a forum* mile challenge with an app based challenge and snuck in a quick[SUP]1[/SUP] 7k :D

* Not this forum.

[SUP]1[/SUP] Well, it would have been fantastically quick for a snail! :eek: ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE