Rough Close ~ March '11

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Just time for a clearout and I have something planned for the cash If I sell any/all :lmao:

You got your eye on a piece of land when the Torries sell off the last of the family silver Martin? I'm sure if they don't sell at the meets you might be able to shift them elsewhere. I know if I had the spare cash I'd snap one up just to have one. Shame I don't have the spare cash though, I do like the Julius Patterson(sic) ones! Good luck with the sale.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
You got your eye on a piece of land when the Torries sell off the last of the family silver Martin? I'm sure if they don't sell at the meets you might be able to shift them elsewhere. I know if I had the spare cash I'd snap one up just to have one. Shame I don't have the spare cash though, I do like the Julius Patterson(sic) ones! Good luck with the sale.

I wish Chad, a wood be good :) I'll keep it on reserve ;)

mr fenna i shall be coming to see you if you do bring the sales and swap bag
martin k9 i shall be avoiding you if you bring the woodlores to sell :lmao:
in seriousness i'm looking forward to this meeting folk and putting some faces to usernames :)

:lmao: In that case you won't be meeting me then

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Only cause if i come back from first ever meet with a woodlore knife and no money (for foreseeable future) i wont be allowed to go on anymore!
nowt personal honest guv :)

You'd be a legend though, just not in your wife's eyes...unless you whittled her something special before bringing the knife home!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Only cause if i come back from first ever meet with a woodlore knife and no money (for foreseeable future) i wont be allowed to go on anymore!
nowt personal honest guv :)

Just say you wanted something extra special to cut the babies umbilical cord when it's born.... :rolleyes:

There's an extremely slight chance she might believe you :lmao::lmao:

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
A gift to the unborn. To be looked after and maintained by you of course, and presented when the time is right. Like after Uni graduation maybe...

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
For those with their names already down to come along (or any Old Hand), up for grabs is a Three Tilley X246B Stormlight (1 of 3).

(first dibs go to Karl82)

At this early point I shall point out that:

• The following item does not belong to me, but to a scout group and is being sold in an effort to raise funds.

• All money from the sale of these items will go to the scout group and be used to purchase modern camping equipment.

• The items are used and have been in storage for a long time ~ possibly 30 years :yikes: .

• The items are sold as seen.

• Fuel is not included - but there may be a small amount in the tank.

• As with most things in life ~ A good service and a clean is never amiss.

• Offers / trades / swaps cannot be accepted.

• At the moment, Tilley #1 has a mantle in place ~ I cannot guarantee it still will be on delivery. This is why a spare has been sourced.

• Pick up will be at Rough Close only.

Tilley #1

WYSIWYG

Comes with one spare mantle.

£45 ~ first dibs go to Karl82

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
For those with their names already down to come along (or any Old Hand), up for grabs is Tilley X246B Stormlight #2 (2 of 3).

• The following item does not belong to me, but to a scout group and is being sold in an effort to raise funds.

• All money from the sale of these items will go to the scout group and be used to purchase modern camping equipment.

• The items are used and have been in storage for a long time ~ possibly 30 years :yikes: .

• Offers / trades / swaps cannot be accepted

• At the moment, Tilley #1 & #3 have mantles in place ~ I cannot guarantee they still will be on delivery. This is why a spare has been sourced.

Tilley #2 ~ first dibs go to Mesquite.

WYSIWYG

Second pic of Tilley #2

£45

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
For those with their names already down to come along (or any Old Hand), up for grabs is Tilley X246B Stormlight #3 (3 of 3).

• At the moment, Tilley #3 has a mantle in place ~ I cannot guarantee it still will be on delivery. This is why a spare has been sourced.

Tilley #3

WYSIWYG

£45

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
For those with their names already down to come along (or any Old Hand), up for grabs is:

One Anchor Brand No.909 lamp ~ reserved for ged.

• This lamp has one mantle in place ~ a spare is not included.

Anchor Brand No. 909

WYSIWYG
Pic(s) to follow :eek:

Lamp has one mantle ~ no spare.

No fuel is included.

£25 ~ reserved for ged.

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
For those with their names already down to come along (or any Old Hand), up for grabs is:

One Optimus No.00 ~ SPF to Mesquite.

I have test burned this stove ~ but I cannot guarantee that it does not need a service or repair(s).

• The item is used and has been in storage for a long time ~ possibly 30 years :yikes: .

• The item is sold as seen.

Optimus No.00 ~ SPF to Mesquite.

WYSIWYG

£20 ~ SPF to Mesquite.

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire

One RM MFG & Engineering Co Ltd One pint Picnic stove

I have test burned this stove ~ but I cannot guarantee that it does not need a service or repair(s).

Special thanks go to the members of Classic Camp Stoves for the information on the two stoves.

An RM MFG & Engineering Co Ltd One Pint Picnic Stove.

(I hadn't heard of this British Marque either :eek:)

WYSIWYG

The tin isn't original ~ spiritburner of CCS managed (from the pics below :yikes: ) to ID it as a tin for a Two Tigers Stove. Checks proved him to be correct :35: . Two Tigers was another English Marque which no longer exists.

£20

Some info on the RM stove from Kerophile of CCS.

Hi, I received an email with comments on these very similar Picnic stoves from my good friend Bryan Miller: "There is nothing mysterious about the Veritas, Thermidor and RM 1 pint stoves because they are the same stove. The only difference between them is that Thermidor always used their unique tank lid on their brand of stove. Thermidor bought RM in 1952 but both factories continued in operation after the purchase and RM appeared to do its own thing although some of the designs were shared by the two companies. Veritas was the brand name of a range of hardware products. The brand name was used by Falk Stadelmann I think. They had a warehouse but no factory. Someone made their products probably to their specification and put their brand name and trademark on them. The trademark was registered but the brand name was used by several firms producing different products. Either Thermidor or more probably RM made the Veritas stoves. There is an oddity in the situation in that Veritas had an earlier version of the same stove and I have never seen a matching RM or Thermidor stove. I am fairly certain that the information about RM being bought by Thermidor is on the website. [ Note RM Engineering was taken over by.Samuel Heath and Sons (Thermidor) in the early1950s ] The lithographed tins were used for the three stoves at one time. The only differences between the different brands was the brand name on the tins and each brand had its own colour tin. Later on the imprinted lettering was dropped from the tanks and transfers were used to identify the brand of the stove. Even later the tanks were lacquered and the transfers were put on top of the lacquer. I suspect that Thermidor were the only factory making stoves at that time and they had a stock of assembled stoves. When they got an order for a brand of stove they simply put the correct transfer on the stoves. This saved a lot of multiple stocking of the same product. SH &S (Thermidor) diversified and made Britool tools which were quality products. They also made brass door furniture. I think that they are now part of the Draper industries" Bryan really is very knowledgable about stoves. Best Regards, Kerophile

The boxes Bryan refers to are not the type used with your stove.

However,I have seen similar stove boxes to yours, used for Veritas and Thermidor stove. These are probably some of the best stove boxes made as they used heavier gauge tin-plate and resist rust better than most.

These boxes came in two sizes, the smaller intended for 1-pint stoves, and the larger for 1.75/2 pint collapsible stoves. It may be that your box is the larger size one.

RM stove are well-made and generally perform well.

Best Regards,
Kerophile.

The tin has been identified (see passage above the pics of the box) as belonging to a Two Tigers Stove (not included).

Last edited:

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Very Nice Phil, shame I have my quota of Vapalux's already.

One down 12 to go :)

sellingy.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE