RM`s Watch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
M

Mungo

Why do you want to know ?

icon12.gif

M

Mungo

When I was very much younger I was absolutely mad on motorbikes (still am really, just mellowed with age a little...) I used to think what brand/model/type of tyre/handlebar grip/brake pad Doohan/Rainey/Lawson used was obviously the hot poop, was the absolute best type of product on the face of the planet and even at any price I just had to have it no matter what.

Then as I got older and a bit wiser, I got lucky enough to meet a few semi & ex pro's and found out nine times out of ten that it didn't actually matter what was the best product for the job, the sponsor shelled out vast amounts of cash for the racer to use and publicise their product and it wasn't quite as straightforward as I'd imagined in my naive youth.

The product could actually be the biggest pile of pants around, but the racer either used it and damn well sang its praises to anyone who would listen or he wouldn't have a job anymore.

Get my drift ?

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
He wears different watches on different series.
He did wear a now discontinued Citizen Eco Drive on one series.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I've also seen him wearing a Rolex Explorer II with a white dial on numerous occasions over the last three years, but he has never used this whilst filming.

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
I remember reading an interview with Ray that a journo did. It took the format of a walkabout in the countryside around London and the day finished with them parting company and Ray getting into his new Range Rover to drive off home.

I like Rolex myself, had one now for well over 20 years courtesy of an American PX. Every watch I owned before seemed to die when it reached 3 or 4 years old.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I've also seen him wearing a Rolex Explorer II with a white dial on numerous occasions over the last three years, but he has never used this whilst filming.

:yuck: I thought he would have had better taste

slamdunk

Nomad
Sep 21, 2006
Sussex
It is indeed a Citizen Eco Drive watch which has been discontinued, monocoque titanium, WR to 200m, antimagnetic etc etc

Plus it tells the time ;)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Get yourself a Vostok for bushcrafting. Robust and cheap, mechanical so you don't need to change the batteries, and cheap. Some of the styles are a bit naff but some are quite OK, and they are cheap aswell.

Did I mention they are cheap?!:D

PhilParry

Nomad
Sep 30, 2005
Milton Keynes, Bucks
You're going to hate me for this....when he turned up for a week's sojourn in the Ardeche this May he was wearing a Rolex Submariner

http://www.rolex.com/en/index.jsp#/en/xml/collection/rolex-gallery/submariner/index

Bit scary as he was canoeing with it...might be because he gets sponsored by them, or it might be cos he's just got loadsawonga!

It's a nice watch....but would I go canoeing with it at £2500?

I'll stick with my G-Shock thanks!!!

P

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE