River Calder paddle, Wakefield

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
The horror, the horror!

Rat, how far above the Do Long Bridge (Bridge 36 Railway) did you go; or is that classified?

Excellent trip and write up! I like your Pack. I have a Discovery 146k that I paddle on flat a some slow moving waters. I enjoyed your trip write up and pictures.

Gordy

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Very entertaining write up :thumbup: that's all on my door step. I've paddled the same stretch of river in our trusty yacht lol
a9u8uzav.jpg

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
The horror, the horror!

Rat, how far above the Do Long Bridge (Bridge 36 Railway) did you go; or is that classified?

Excellent trip and write up! I like your Pack. I have a Discovery 146k that I paddle on flat a some slow moving waters. I enjoyed your trip write up and pictures.

Gordy

Thanks Gordy
The Pack is fantastic for this sort of investigative paddling: There was a whole lot of portaging going on....
Rat

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
Very entertaining write up :thumbup: that's all on my door step. I've paddled the same stretch of river in our trusty yacht lol
a9u8uzav.jpg

Nice one Chis. Let me know if you fancy another go at it anytime. Note sure I'd want a tarp-boat or an inflatable on some of the stony riffles though :D

Rat

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
If you get up by me in leeds mate there is some cracking paddling to be had.
Looked at the canal from Woodlesford lock right up into Leeds and past the Armories.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Nice one Chis. Let me know if you fancy another go at it anytime. Note sure I'd want a tarp-boat or an inflatable on some of the stony riffles though :D

Rat

Owt doin ? Calder is swollen nicely. I nailed the weir at Horbury Bridge when the water was up like this. our garden drops straight into the Calder ....welcome anytime 👍

Nailed Horbury Bridge rapids .....wooooooo

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Nearly had a rock cut my canoe in half on here yesterday 😖 needs some serious repair....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE