RIP Terry Pratchett

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
Sad event but a wonderful legacy. Every time a new Discworld book came out I'd go back to the first and read them all again. Time for a long drink and a good read methinks

sausage100uk

Settler
May 4, 2013
United Kingdom
794f648bda5d164756251a1fa5e91b72.jpg
tonights reading material.... just glad he didnt have to make the decision to go to switzerland. Rip Sir Terry "how do they rise up!"

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Me too.

Many years ago at school, I was in the library, and the librarian, (a good friend of mine) pressed a book in my hands `You must read this`

It was `the Colour of Magic.`

I for one, am not a Fiction reader, but I do have a pretty full collection of Discworld books.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I heard the news this morning but just this evening saw how his passing was announced on his twitter feed. It got me all choked up and I've just sat here crying. The wife think I'm mental now.

(For those who don't realise, read from the bottom up)

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
It is doubly sad that we lose a man who brought so much joy through his writing and that we will never get to read those Sir Terry could have written. I am sure that as he had those cameo roles in the films of his books he will play a cameo role in his readers minds when we read or see something Pratchett-esque.
Rest easy, Terry

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
His daughter has beeen involved in his latest books, so I dont think we have seen the last of Discworld.

...But it wont be the same, of course.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Such sad news.

I hope he passed away the way he wanted to, in his garden with his favourite music playing and a glass of his favourite wine by his side. :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE