RIP Terry Pratchett

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Beat me to it. One of the worlds great bearded hat wearers. I'm looking forward to introducing my kids to his books in a couple of years, it's a shame there will be no more.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Oh dear oh dear, I hadn't heard......................What a deep and sad loss to the world of an incredibly gifted and funny man.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
B_6HJiaW8AAV0gW.jpg:large

Nativewood

Forager
Feb 9, 2015
Caledonia
A very funny, highly intelligent man who showed what great character he had throughout his fight against alzheimers. I've read only a handful of his works but enjoyed them all immensely.

RIP Sir Terry.

Qwerty

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Ireland
www.instagram.com
RIP indeed.

Terry : "Oh, I see. It's time is it?"
Death : "YES. I'M AFRAID SO"
Terry : "You're shorter than I wrote you"
Death : "SHORTNESS IS JUST A PERCEPTION CAUSED BY THE ETHEREAL EFFECT OF THIS CROSSOVER PLANE. IN FACT I AM NEITHER SHORT NOR TALL. I AM JUST HERE. OR THERE. I GET MIXED UP SOMETIMES"
Terry : "You talk a terrible load of drivel"
Death : " WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME? YOU WROTE ME"
Terry : "Lead the way, my firend"
Death : "CERTAINLY. BUT FIRST, FANCY A CURRY?"

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
I am saddened to realise that on my bookshelf I now have the complete works of PTerry. And that I shall never again drink beer with him through to breakfast time at a convention.

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
Tewkesbury, N Gloucestershire
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Rest ye well on Dunmanifestin Sir Terry.

(Ook!)

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.

Terry Pratchett

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ah RIP Sir Terry, but may the works and words live on.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Terry_Pratchett

It was a pleasure reading (and re-reading, like visiting an old friend) every book he wrote, and thoroughly enjoyed them all. What a legacy it'd be if we managed to solve and cure Alzeheimers though.

Sincerest condonences to his family and friends.

M

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm terribly sad he is gone, but glad he did not linger in the manner of others with that horrible disease.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE