Remember the Wild Life.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
On a solo map and compass exercise some years ago one of the direct routes was across a cow field.

I went for the tip toe, dodge and then run technique.

I could hear the lad behind me taking the direct approach, shouting “get back or I’ll fire!”

These were Hereford cows mind, they were not phased.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
As a teenager I was walking in the moors with my dad - he was brought up on/around farms, worked with heavy horses and milked cows etc. We had to walk through a large field that sloped down to woodland below that had bullocks in. Dad said "they'll be fine, they're not interested in us" - so we started walking down. About half way we heard this rumbling sound, turned around and the cattle were in full gallop towards us. We legged it (I'd never seen my dad move so fast) and dived over the fence. The cattle just stopped at a water trough and started drinking; I'm sure they were giggling :)

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
Kodiak Alaska, home to the biggest brownies. I’m out with a local and packing a .300 Holland and Holland.
He warns me ‘ They charge when wounded. Your first shot should break a shoulder if they do charge’
An hour on we encounter a stud bull. There is ranching on the island .Bull charges us, spins and a unseen brownie is LIFTEDon its horns, reaches over and with one swipe of a foreleg snaps its neck. Then it dragged the carcass UP the hill out of sight.
I upgraded to a .375

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
'Surrender your pack of wine gums or receive a damn good trampling.'

No chap with a back bone would ever yield to such unreasonable demands.
Charlton Heston lifting a bag of wine gums ( sold at the local Brit import shop) FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS
University prof asked me to explain the GREAT IRISH PAGAN Epic
Twain boo Cooley. Armchair Marxist type only liked Gertrude Stein and TS Elliot.
I stand up. ‘ A bunch of Irish crossed the border into Ulster and stole a herd of cows. And we’ve been repeating the same stupid fight ever since.’ And I sat down.
This thread is going there. Say PAX people.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE