Red Dot suggestions.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Looking for a Red dot suggestion - wondering how cheap you can go and still get something half decent?

Caveat is that it needs to tolerate vibration well - I'm intending to put it on something that 'clomps' a fair bit and don't need it being thrown off. Thanks.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Tagging onto this thread cos I have a springer airgun and have been eyeing up the cheapo red dot sights and wondering more or less the same thing.

Reactions: TeeDee

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
What caliber are you talking?
I presume full bore of some kind.
What's the intended use? do you also want low profile of something?

I've also found spring airguns can be harsh on optics.

I would say you need to go for a medium cost at least to get something that will hold up long term and not shift zero.
You might get lucky with a cheaper model but the likelihood is it wont stand up long term.

Reactions: TeeDee

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
What’s your budget, you can pick up a red dot for £30 and hit the target along side £300 one, Lada and a Lamborghini are both cars but worlds apart. Knowing your budget does a help and steer you in the right direction. Shooting full bore rifle, what you pay for the gun spend on your scope!

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I bought a very cheap (£13, free postage) red dot sight sold on ebay as "1/40 red dot optic sight scope airsoft 11/20mm rail air rifle pistol mount" about 2 years ago -and its had a load of use since. Still on the original batteries, consistently accurate, easy to zero, and hasn't seemed to lose its zero despite being clonked about by the kids. To be honest, I've been amazed - i bought it on a whim, not expecting much at all. To be fair - its only been mounted on a Crosman 1077 co2 rifle, so your intended application may be somewhat more demanding - but as I say, it has survived a fair amount of rough treatment. The prices seem to have gone up a bit now, but mine looks identical to this one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40301407...kkKlOBlyEQ%3D%3D|clp:2334524|tkp:BFBM1rq_w7tf

I appreciate that you might have had something slightly more high end in mind!

Reactions: TeeDee and Broch

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE