recommend me a budget tablet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 14, 2012
uk
im looking to buy a brand new tablet but im not sure what to get i dont want to spend as much as an ipad, ipad mini or samsung galaxy 10 or galaxy tab thingy would cost i may be looking at the nexus 7 but what other fairly cheap but good well known tabs are there out there any one tried the nexus 7 or even own one what are your thoughts

sorry im not very good with tech stuff :(

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
What budget do you have, the samsung tab2 7'' is only £150 and samsung are giving a £30 cashback and 8gb memory card at the mo

What budget do you have, the samsung tab2 7'' is only £150 and samsung are giving a £30 cashback and 8gb memory card at the mo

I am currently looking for a tablet for my son (nearly 12) to spend his christmas money on. I believe that the samsungoffer has finished now with qualifying purchases up to end December 2012. I could be wrong though.
I was thinking that my lad would be better getting a slightly cheaper one. I think basically you get what you pay for in most cases.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Follow the link to claim i think there is a option for thosw bought after november 2012, got my card last week but still waiting for my cash back though

Mar 14, 2012
uk
thanks shall have a look at the Samsung tablet as the nexus is only a tenner more i shall compare the two and see which one comes out on top

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Got the 32gb nexus. So far it's what I expected. A gd option I reckon but almost wish I'd got the 3g version. Too expensive for me though. Wld recommend it.

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
The nexus is, in my opinion by far the best value for money on the market.

Paul_B if you buy a mifi (See the three website) you can use your wifi online or get a dongle and download the PPP app.

Mar 14, 2012
uk
Nexus 7 is one of the best, cheapest place is play store
ive supplied loads since the summer

Got the 32gb nexus. So far it's what I expected. A gd option I reckon but almost wish I'd got the 3g version. Too expensive for me though. Wld recommend it.

The nexus is, in my opinion by far the best value for money on the market.

Paul_B if you buy a mifi (See the three website) you can use your wifi online or get a dongle and download the PPP app.

so the nexus is good but hasnt got expandable memory ( a memory card slot) also i believe you cant watch films and listen to music you have downloaded onto it as it doesnt support video or audio play back? im not sure how much this would matter as it supports youtube?

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
so the nexus is good but hasnt got expandable memory ( a memory card slot) also i believe you cant watch films and listen to music you have downloaded onto it as it doesnt support video or audio play back? im not sure how much this would matter as it supports youtube?

I can ask upstairs (we have some on test), however I think any Android tablet or phone will support movie or audio playback. My phone certainly does and I have a choice of players.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The Superpad I've got comes with 32g built in and you can just plug in another 32g stick, also plays bbc iplayer, youtube, tvcatchup, netflix and video at HD and has 3G

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs

You can download an app called VLC player free from the market, this will allow almost every type of video file to be played on the nexus.

sam-northwest

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2013
wigan
BlackBerry PlayBook are good.. I've had one since November and I'm thoroughly impressed with it.. It does everything I want of it and more besides.

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
+1 on Samsung tablet . Really liking mine add Taptalk and opera browser and its perfect for on here . Snapping photos of projects and the such as you go . Spend the money on a 32gb sd card for plenty of storage
Paddytray .;

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE