ray mears on radio one

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

panopticon

Dec 17, 2006
Falkirk, Scotland
Perhaps he's doing another TV spot for something, yet more promotion for Wild Food.

I'm intrigued to discover what his next project is going to be, he's covered the majority of the world - with this new series coming back closer to home.

I'm sure someone will uncover information about what he was filming this morning.

WhichDoctor

Nomad
Aug 12, 2006
Shropshire
Hay it must have got a few people interested, I couldn't get onto this site for an hour after the interview :eek: . Guess what this is the first site that comes up when you type "bushcraft" into google now.

But yes nice interview, nothing exciting but he did sound like a nice down to earth guy. I did fine Jo Wiley's slightly sycophantic attitude a bit irritating and some of the questions were just silly, but then what can you expect from radio 1.

And he was probably just doing another TV interview, it must be a real pain having to do all this publicity and say the same things again and again.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
I only managed to get here myself a little while ago - never occurred to me
that it was because of the traffic!

"What's on your iPod" is the one question that was missing from the little
interview that's downloadable from the Discovery channel that was posted
on one of the other (many) RM threads :)

Edit: this one - http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=17710

Shame I'm missing these cos I can't listen at work and haven't the internet
at home. Wasn't he on the Wright stuff this morning?

JoeG

Tenderfoot
Jul 26, 2006
Nottingham
I dont listen to radio 1 anymore. Virgin radio seems to be better, it would be good if he goes on there.
I missed listening to it because i was in school at the time :(

panopticon

Dec 17, 2006
Falkirk, Scotland
I was surprised he even had an IPod, i thought he'd much prefer listening to bird calls or something, lol.

I guess seeing the ordinary Ray shining through sort of draws away the mystery that we seem to thrive on.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Panopticon - there should be a listen again feature for most of the BBC's
radio output so it might be worth having a wander at their 'Listen Again'
site - I think someone may have put the link up.

Shame I've not got the ability to listen at work nor the internet at home
but I'm enjoying the current series so don't feel I'm missing out too much :)

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
JoeG said:
I dont listen to radio 1 anymore. Virgin radio seems to be better, it would be good if he goes on there.
I missed listening to it because i was in school at the time :(

Whilst reception is still far from ideal, read amazingly week signal strength, Digital Radio is the thing to get just for the brilliant “BBC 6”. Yes, there is still something of a daytime “playlist” but not so obvious as to detract. You also get to hear many wonderful Peel Session cuts from the last 30 something years. Then there is the Freak Zone show on Sunday and …………….

Cheers

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Sometimes I listen to that through my television. My personal fave radio
is 3wk.com - I really need to get internet at home!

Edit: not entirely sure how I managed that...

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Mat said:
Jo Wiley asked him about the 'next big adventure', to which he replied 'I can't talk about that' - tantalizing!!!

Oh, he always says that! For whatever reasons, he always keeps his projects very close to his chest.

Infuriating! :banghead:

Anyway, I haven't seen anything yet to say when the book of the series is out. They normally say at the end of the programme 'And the book to accompany the series is available from...'

But nothing. It was supposed to be early this year.

Doubly infuriating!! :banghead: :banghead:

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Been listening to it: Ray Mears scared off grizzly bear! That says it all.

So I presume nettle cord nets are the way to catch these flying rats?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE