Posting some pics - inspired by Ray Mears' canoe trip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike Harlos

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2004
Canada
troy said:
Hi Mike

I don't suppose that you go near to what may be john rowlands cache lake do you? - if so I'll look forward to your photos with even more intense jealousey.

Have fun on the course and trip - isn't he retiring soon?
Hi Troy,

We're a couple of thousand kilometers from Maine, which I understand is the state that Cache Lake Country was written about. Nonetheless, I believe the area would look similar.

Yes... Mr. Kochanski is apparently retiring soon (the web site for the wilderness course mentions it). That's one of the reasons that motivated me to take the course this summer. It would be a pity to miss seeing him, when I live in the same country. It's about 2 days drive to the course site for me.

Regards,

Mike

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Mike.

the course with Mors sounds great. :)

I'm sure you wil learn loads. I wish i had seen the course earlier. I would have loved to be there.

Oh well. I am looking for decent trip i can do near to Deep River.

Mike Harlos

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2004
Canada
Wayne said:
....Oh well. I am looking for decent trip i can do near to Deep River.
Hi Wayne,

Algonquin Park looks very nice. It's very close to Deep River according to this map on the Deep River web site.

I'm sure you'll find something! :) There are lots of options for canoeing or backpacking in Ontario.

Mike

troy

Forager
Aug 9, 2004
moray, scotland
www.mtn-m.co.uk
well if it really is in maine, then I might have already been there! - but in a sense, his book was about his cache lake, his paradise, and I guess theres only one way for all of us to find our own.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Yeah, yeah, yeah, nice pics and all that. But I bet you pine for the 65 mile commute (queue) I do on the M6 in the NW of England every morning and the inane office job. Who am I kidding, please will you adopt me?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE