PLCE-Sidepocket with joke

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 21, 2004
germany
Hallo,

in pictures I saw, that two PLCE-sidepockets and the joke combine to a little daypack. My question is: Is it possibel to just carry one of the pockets with the joke.

Furthermore, is that daypack a solid and recommended thing or not.

Thanks!

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Gotta disagree GP - I think they are almost perfect for bushcraft and daysack useage - I have used mine for many years and although I keep trying the newest and supposedly best thing I still end up going back to them.

PLCE SIDE POCKETS AND YOKE GET MY :biggthump

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
thats right its no yoke you know :wink: , i use mine as a day sack and ive never had a problem its easer to use than taking a day sack on your ventures just take the yoke and unzip a pocket and your off :biggthump ,it dont look purdy but it does the job.......

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
You can leave the yoke attached to one pocket when they are on the bergan as well so you just unzip one pocket and off you go.

Bill

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Gary said:
Gotta disagree GP - I think they are almost perfect for bushcraft and daysack useage - I have used mine for many years and although I keep trying the newest and supposedly best thing I still end up going back to them.

PLCE SIDE POCKETS AND YOKE GET MY :biggthump
Out of interest Gary,why do you prefer them over a regular daysack type a thang and why do you consider them perfect for Bushcraft?

Aug 21, 2004
germany
tenbears10 said:
You can leave the yoke attached to one pocket when they are on the bergan as well so you just unzip one pocket and off you go.

Bill

That means, i can leave the yoke attached to one pocket and put it on my karrimor sabre 45, then just unzip it and go? Sounds great!

Aug 21, 2004
germany
Can anyone tell me please, what the weight of a pocket is and the weight of the yoke is (seperatly).

Thanks a lot for Your help!!!

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
karsten said:
That means, i can leave the yoke attached to one pocket and put it on my karrimor sabre 45, then just unzip it and go? Sounds great!

That's it. You keep your emergency kit in the one pocket (first aid etc.) and have the yoke on it so if all else fails you have the day sack with all your most important kit.

Bill

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
CLEM said:
Out of interest Gary,why do you prefer them over a regular daysack type a thang and why do you consider them perfect for Bushcraft?

Clem,

Well I have some idea, firstly size, I generally only use a single and I can get all my daily needs in it easily. Secondly being small theres little wasted space, I dont over pack them and they hang just right (i tend to sling the single over my shoulder on just one strap). Thirdly with all the attachment points on the sack the yoke ect you can always add more gear like a rolled up poncho is needed. Fourth their not expensive (and as such not over spec either) and they are as tough as old boots. Fourth they are versatile and I like my gear to be able to used in different ways where possible.

But most importantly they have a simple familiarity that makes them comfortable to me and after many years of use I know how to use them fully. (which helps)

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
It is a shame that Stuart isn't here to answer this :lol:

As you may have noticed Stuart is off in Brunei, and will be spending from now until mid January treking and camping out there. Normally he carries two side pockets and would of done this time, except that being medical officer he has to carry a 10litre medical kit, hence he is using a 30L Sabre instead of his two side pockets! Two and a half months on 20L :yikes:

I have watched Stuart pack and he actually uses the side pockets like stuff sacks, taking advantage of their size to compress things like cloths and sleeping bags. Admittedly they do end up weighing quite a bit :wink:

I have used mine more than the main pack, very useful as a day pack. I like being able to leave the main sack in camp and go wandering with a pocket or two.

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Gary said:
Clem,

Well I have some idea, firstly size, I generally only use a single and I can get all my daily needs in it easily. Secondly being small theres little wasted space, I dont over pack them and they hang just right (i tend to sling the single over my shoulder on just one strap). Thirdly with all the attachment points on the sack the yoke ect you can always add more gear like a rolled up poncho is needed. Fourth their not expensive (and as such not over spec either) and they are as tough as old boots. Fourth they are versatile and I like my gear to be able to used in different ways where possible.

But most importantly they have a simple familiarity that makes them comfortable to me and after many years of use I know how to use them fully. (which helps)
Thanks Gary.

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
I'm going to print this thread out.....

I've seriously never heard a single good word said about the rocket packs before, ever.

Just to make this a bit more useful, anyone got a pack plan for them when set up on the yoke?

whitebuffalo

Banned
Oct 28, 2004
Cornwall
Well add me to the list then GP as I am a fan too. I have stitched my sacks together to make them more stable but I still think its seriously good kit. :biggthump

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
they weight nextt o nothing - I have no idea but it would measured in ounces, certainly lighters than anything else on the market.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
yep same here - I had an arktis sack - but then again in those days I carried a lot more gear and jetpacks weren't up to it - NBC suit filled one for starters, now I carry less so.............

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE