plant ID needed yucca/fire poker looking

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Earthpeace

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2006
France

We have a piece of land with these plants growing, our livestock will not eat them so i guess they are toxic, they look like a yucca or fire poker , there leaves are soft like the fire poker and not hard or spiky. The flowers are just coming out now. does anyone know what they are? we are planning on ploughing the field for reseeding but i'd like to know if they are rare before doing so or just a weed.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I'll have a guess that it is a 'Chlorophytum' (spider plant) of some kind. In which case it is probably a feral exotic, not native to France and most at home in the himalayas and/ or Africa.

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
omg i was going to say the flowers look identical to my spider plants but i looked at the size of it and thought i was being stupid!

Earthpeace

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2006
France
thanks for all the replys, yep that looks like the one tom cheers:)

Mmmm any uses? i did try dying with the leaves it make a nice yellow, and fix well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE