Pictures

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Springchicken

Aug 29, 2005
Northants.
I'd like to illustrate a review I'm hoping to offer one and all. How do I upload pictures on to it?

I'm not very tec. savvy so please make any explanations easy for me to understand!

Many thanks for any/all help!

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
I’m not sure how many posts you have to put up here before you can do it the easy way.
Why not start with an experiment:
Can you see “Attatch Files” below the reply box.
If yes then tap it.
If not then you will need to do it the harder way.

If the tap works you should be offered a list of places to select your pictures:
1. Photo Library (from your picture file)
2. Take Photo or Camera to take a direct picture from what’s in front of you.
3. Choose File which will take you into your computer, tablet or phone’s file system.

Tap on Photo Library.
Tap the photo you want.
Tap add or close (depending on your machine.

Now there is a copy of your photo underneath the post that you are creating.
Look at that picture and if it’s right, tap “insert”
Then tap “Thumbnail” - You won’t often need “Full Image” unless you are showing something like artwork.

If the above doesn’t work scream HELP and someone better than me will give better advice.

I would add pictures but I only use an Apple iPhone which may well differ from what you are using.

Very best of luck. I look forward to your pictures.

If you can’t do it the easy way:
Do you have something like Dropbox. If so you can make a link (you will be offered that option) and post the dropbox link in your post then we can open it.

Last edited:

Springchicken

Aug 29, 2005
Northants.
Many thanks. I'll give it a whirl. The only problem I foresee is the fact that the photos are on my 'phone and not taken with a DSLR or equivalent. Still, I'll try and see what happens!

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Full Members can directly attach photos to posts. This is what Pattree has described.
Non-paying members must have their photos hosted elsewhere. This is what happens with accessing the site on Tapatalk via a phone, they host the image.

I have a Flikr account and can copy BBCode and past that into posts to get the images. www.imgbb.com has a facility for posting pictures without an account.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
It's worth making the point, I think, that if you use a hosting site, and that site changes or you stop using it, your post will loose the link to the photo and may become meaningless. Many good threads from a few years ago have lost all their photos because of that and are considerably less valuable than they were.

Even if you use your own remote site for your photos, and you change the directory structure or file location, the links are lost.

I think the £15 a year for full membership (which supports this site) is well worth it just to be able to upload photos directly into the post that will be preserved for as long as the thread. There is educational value in making threads persistent IMO.

Just my 2p worth

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE